Ultima Online Fan Board > Treasure Hunting

How is TMapping these days

(1/5) > >>

dxrom:
I haven't really looked at TMapping since AoS came out, but I guess they randomized the chest spawn locations, rendering tmap libraries useless. What's it like figuring out where the maps are nowadays?

gimlet:
I'll give ya some feed back - check elite section

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: dxrom on December 09, 2013, 01:36:20 AM ---I haven't really looked at TMapping since AoS came out, but I guess they randomized the chest spawn locations, rendering tmap libraries useless. What's it like figuring out where the maps are nowadays?

--- End quote ---

I'm kinda the same way.  I never could seem to solo the bugger ones, but I was always just playing using the t-hunter.  Might be fun to use 2 accounts.

12TimesOver:
I used to solo level 6 maps all the time with just a bard tmapper - Peace/Provoke. I find that I can no longer solo with that template because they make the spawn stay near the trunk now. I used to kill off the initial spawn with provo and peace, lure away the remaining 1 left, then provo stuff onto it when it popped, etc until there was only one thing left and the trunk was empty.

Now that template can't solo kill an Ancient Wyrm and the spawn can only go a screen or so away from the chest so I can't empty the chest with that template.

I'm sure soloing with a single character/account is still an option, just a matter of the right template.

dxrom:
I used to do maps way back in the day (Pre AoS) and was able to solo the level fives without much problem. I found that they key to success was setting up though. What I used to do is, I would make a rune off screen about one screen. As I was digging up the chest I would enter war mode and prep an invis item. This meant that when the mobs popped, even if there were instant aggro balrons I could toggle out of warmode just as I pop the invis item on and I wouldn't knock myself out of invis with an autoattack. Then I would recall to my house and click/drag the invis item in place so that when I revealed to cast recall, I would be hidden instantly again as I was casting it. Then it was as simple as recalling back to my off screen rune, prepping a para field and dragging them up a little and into the para field where I could provo them.

The template I ran was:

100 Carto
100 Lockpicking
100 Wrestling (Not hiding. I would rather use an invis item as opposed to 100% getting hit by 1-3 instant aggro balrons who didn't let me hide.)
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Meditation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version