Author Topic: 2nd build - 260mm quad - a.k.a "The Black Mamba"  (Read 13830 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
2nd build - 260mm quad - a.k.a "The Black Mamba"
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »
Parts for the build of "The Black Mamba"

My Controller

This build is totally opposite of the first build "Wiggles".  With Wiggles, everything is small, slow, heavy, etc.  With this one, everything is larger, lighter, faster, more aggressive.  From the larger 3-leaf fans at a greater attack angle, the much more powerful EMAX motors and the lighter frame, this thing has the potential to scream!

And it does scream.  I had absolutely no problems with the initial hover and the loss of the fan securing nuts due to reversed clocking.  Each motor on this frame is tilted *slightly* inward and this seems to give a bit of extra stability.  I'll see if I can take a picture to show this tilt as it's not apparent from the website or my own top-shot pictures.

Flying this thing is kinda like controlling a thunderstorm.  I need to do the power/weight computation, but I'm sure it's more than 4x which makes it excessively zippy.  The fans are also kinda rigid, so I did manage to cut myself while I was dialing in the hover.  I need to rename it "Ginsu".  lol.  In any event, it's a handful to fly.  I need to spend much more time with the simulator in practice.  I also need to change the color of the blades until I get better at flying.  It's totally easy to loose your perspective and flip the controls around in your head.  At least with different color props on front and back, I'll know which way is forward at a greater distance.  All loaded with the battery, this quad weighs 18oz or 510grams.

Next and last build for a while is a little bitty kit I ordered before this one, but it took forever to get here.  It's finally arrived and I'll try and put it together this weekend.

Pictures of the build

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1G1bz1pqEzzNkprQ2FNc2NtbzQ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1G1bz1pqEzzeVlZejNfdTdXc28/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1G1bz1pqEzzNUNmTEJHbUxlTUU/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:51:43 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: 2nd build - 260mm quad - a.k.a "The Black Mamba"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
Updated with build details.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: