Author Topic: So without EasyUO, now what?  (Read 25206 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
So without EasyUO, now what?
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
With Cheffe's decision to stop updating EasyUO, where does that leave us as a community?

From my standpoint, I think this site has grown to be much more than just EasyUO.  Sure that's what we all originally came here to do.  I needed a place where I could distribute ScriptUO(the program) and we all needed a different place to chat about things that were and WERE NOT about EasyUO.  

We've allowed for discussion about the darker parts of UO automation and also pushed different projects such as Stealth.  For me personally, I've had a love/hate relationship with EasyUO for a long time now.  I love the fact that it's just so darn easy to implement things.  My hate comes from the fact that it's so slow and we are stuck at the mercy of one developer and his mood on any specific day.  I completely appreciate Cheffe and his efforts all these years, but perhaps it is time to change.  

I've been messing with Stealth for quite a while now and I have to say that we certainly do have a viable alternative finally.  There have been lots of project that have come and go, but because EasyUO has been around so long, there really hasn't been much of a reason to push any of the other projects.  So without a user base, the developers seem to just fade away.  However with Stealth, they seem to have developed a pretty robust core that doesn't seem to require the same kind of maintenance as EasyUO does.  I've done some pretty interesting things with it from the C# perspective, but really the only way to appreciate it is from doing development in Delphi.

So anyway, Cheffe might be willing to throw in the towel but I'm not ready to do so yet.  I still love this game (and this community) but will always need a way to make my character wiggle while I'm off hiking.  So for me, it's time to just say goodbye to my EasyUO support and finally embrace Stealth or even try to contribute with UOMachine.  There's lots of possibilities out there, but one thing about this site, we've always tried to keep an open mind with regard to the various tools available.  Hopefully with losing EasyUO, one of these other projects will finally get the traction it needs to become a worthy successor.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:59:12 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: So without EasyUO, now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
I myself have branched away from EUO. I am really enjoying Stealth.  With the time the Crome is putting into his ScriptSDK it has made it so much easier to do Stealth using Visual Studio.  There is so much more to learn with stealth and i think as we get more people on board with it, it will only take off.  With the ability to control more programs other than UO at the same time with C# you can really do alot of things that were not possibly with EUO.

On the subject of Cheffe. I too am grateful for his program.  It definitely has everyone up in arms, but this is not the first time he has made this threat to only go back on it.  Since it is a free program I am not sure why he has not passed it onto someone else.  It seems to me it would be wasted time if he didn't atleast send the source code to someone who could use it and build upon it. That is one thing EasyUO always had going for it. IT WAS EASY. 

Now the other programs that are available you have to have a little bit more coding knowledge to wrap our brains around it, but in the end that is what makes it more robust.  I am really happy with Stealth.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
Well guess I need to work on trying to learn Stealth. (hope there's some help videos lol) I know that the people on this site have always been so helpful with everything else we've worked on from the special projects to helping me with trying to figure out what I've done wrong setting something up. This will just be another learning curve for the less fortunate of coding but think as a group we will get through it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
Thankfully we have the use of  high-tech surveillance technology at our fingertips.  In talking with close covert contacts I frequently correspond with in Sweden, I have determine that there's no way that Cheffe will ever relinquish his control over the source code.  If you are doubting, please let me submit this still footage as definitive proof:

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
cheffeprecious.png
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
Didn't he say this once before?

If so, I guess I'll still hang out here...but my time in UO is done forever.

Sad, really...almost twenty years...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:26:43 PM »
Didn't he say this once before?

I think more than once.  Also, I just made that gollum picture, and I actually think I made that once before...  Funny.  I have to go back and try and find the original to see if I had the exact same thought...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
What's easy uo?

:D

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »
Gonna say maybe looking for Extra Christmas Cash?  When he says stuff like this I'm sure the donations pick up a bit. But you can't bloame him if he does drop it. As soon as they patch I'm sure people are blowing him up wanting to know when he is going to fix it.  Could I live without EUO ? Yes! Do I want to? Not really. But then again if we have to do so guess what I will :) . I'd love to go strictly stealth but the coding hasw me all confused. Not something I can sit and look at and understand.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 11:44:01 PM »
He released the sourcecode on euo forum.
I downloaded a copy and look into it.
Guess what? He wrote easyuo in Delphi  8)

PS : There is absolutly no promise, but i may port his source to newer Delphi version and could provide an exe.. *looking at TM who wanted to dig into delphi anyways*
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:03:39 AM by Crome969 »

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
Well some of his disappointment is understood but to be honest I really never read the forums there. Heck if you folks had not mentioned it I would have never looked and knew cheffe was throwing in the towel.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 12:15:57 AM »
Guess what? He wrote easyuo in Delphi  8)

PS : There is absolutly no promise, but i may port his source to newer Delphi version and could provide an exe.. *looking at TM who wanted to dig into delphi anyways*

You all witnessed it here. Crome offers to take over EUO project and henceforth provide updates!  ;D

Crome #1!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 12:32:07 AM »
Guess what? He wrote easyuo in Delphi  8)

You all witnessed it here. Crome offers to take over EUO project and henceforth provide updates!  ;D

Crome #1!

Never said but i may could provide a working maschine to it. Embarcardero released Delphi 7 Personal Key for free. Windows XP is also adomned, i may could make a virtual maschine and get this working ;(

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 01:58:12 AM »
+1
Is that all you need is Delphi 7. hmmm I found a copy of Delphi 8 guess I will take a look at that.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 02:55:45 AM »
Opened project with RadStudio XE1 @ Work and after fixing ~ 300 issues i have only 2 bugs left :) But that doesnt mean it will work *laugh*

Edit : Got it compiled but it crashs .. hehe

I just dont know if it works.. :

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:14:33 AM by Crome969 »

Tags: