Author Topic: Halloween 2016 - RebirthUO-style!!  (Read 12927 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Halloween 2016 - RebirthUO-style!!
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:06 PM »
[FADE IN, RANDOM OSI SHARD]

Fizban attempts what seems like his 1,000,000th Trick-or-Treat attempt.  I guess he should have thought to raise begging first.

After a full day of wandering aimlessly from vender to vender, Fizban decides to call it an evening.  He sat sleepily in a chair next to the bed, just too tired to even think about getting up and moving to the bed.  His eyes drooped as sleep assaulted him.

A strange sensation envelopes you as you realize you're no longer in the same land.  "What, where's my red robes?"  This looks like Blackthorn Castle, but there's something menacingly evil going on.  Plus the banker is a Balron, so that's different.

Ah, Quest givers!  They are asking for some pretty creepy things, but heck this is a dream.

Hey what's this?

[Evil sounds......]
Wait? What's that?

Wow, free resurrection and corpse acquisition!  Neat!

Welcome to the RebirthUO Halloween Event 2016

Yes, this is the 2nd annual Halloween Bash.  Last year Crome969 and yours truly (TM) put together a no-holds-barred Halloween event that includes:

• Complete reward system based upon any creatures you find in Blackthorn Castle, the Forsaken or Newbie Lord British castle
  • Turn in lesser rewards in exchange for artifact-quality rewards and mounts
  • Fully customized Halloween-themed dungeon containing at least 5 mini-Champion spawns including 1 that's considered un-soloable
  • Custom designed kill-quests that halloween artifacts and unique items for Halloween
  • Hourly and daily massive invasion spawns in both Blackthorn castle and The Forsaken
  • Unique stealable items located throughout the Halloween event
  • Any graveyard across Britania has the possibility of spawning undead skeletons with an actual player character's name.  There is a possibility of acquiring a bone contaner labeled with that players name.  Collect them all!

New for 2016
  • Starting in Haven, new player quests have been added especially for new players.  Quickly advance a mage so within 24 hours you can be building your RebirthUO empire and fully experiencing all that our Halloween event has to offer!
  • Lord British Castle has been haunted with the spirit of Halloween.  Once you get your character built up a bit, this castle area will allow the new player to ease into the event without being harassed by the full force of The Forsaken dungeon.  The newbie dungeon has "Watchers" that strictly enforce that new players are allowed within the Newbie Castle.
  • A newbie quest found within the Newbie Castle will reward the character completing it the most with a custom made and personalize deco item at the end of the event.
  • Many new kill quests
  • Newly added stealables thoughout!
  • A secret portal to our Solen Invasion event.  It doesn't drop Halloween stuff, but you can bulk up on your powder of translocation and get interesting artifacts
  • A secret teleporter to Doom Gauntlet.  I'm not telling where, but you'll be compelled to discover it yourself.

So the main thing you do through out this event is KILL.  Rewards are automatically added to your pack, so looting is optional.  You should loot and evaluate the normal treasure drop since RebirthUO now has the same or similar loot quality as a traditional OSI shard.  So if you're poor, now is a great time to build up your fortune!

So get a head start now by jumping on RebirthUO and starting a character.  The noobie quests are online *NOW*, so you can easily be prepared by the 31st.  (Yes, I tested from a ZERO skill character - 24hours including script GM of magery)

So if you are really tired of Trick-or-treating and want to actually play some fun Halloween content, please come and give RebirthUO a go.

Not sure how to connect?
Using Razor, UOSteam:

Addr: login.rebirthuo.com
Port: 2593

Or login quickly by downloading the ScriptUO Launcher

Hope to see you soon!

Quest explanation

If you are curious about how the quests work, please give this thread a looksie:

http://rebirthuo.com/Community/index.php?threads/event-quest-explanation.1975/#post-6428
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:37:03 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2016 - RebirthUO-style!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 05:59:23 AM »
Man right after I get settled into another game again , i got the link in the mail today lol.  Might have to come check out the modifications you guys have made over there.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »
Man right after I get settled into another game again , i got the link in the mail today lol.  Might have to come check out the modifications you guys have made over there.

Hey!  Good to see someone else got the memo!  :)  Would love for you to come back and give the event a go.  Ghost and Grunt need playmates anyhow, so you'll have some company especially this month.  Plus you can come get your noob on in the noobie castle (kinda like a deadly bounce-house)  lol.

What have you been playing since Rebirth?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hitechs has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »
 ;D

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »
;D

I've been watching one of the Hitech army trying to break into the noob castle now for a while.  Just doesn't get old.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
Oh that's perfect!  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
Updated original post with a link explaining how XML quests work on RebirthUO:

http://rebirthuo.com/Community/index.php?threads/event-quest-explanation.1975/#post-6428
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 08:03:01 PM »
Is there any way I can get to the northern section of the map?

i hear sounds at the RED dot locations .... for some reason they catch my attention!
the southeast big daemon statue next to the fountain has me curious also

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 08:48:06 PM »
Every once in a while, the Seers and Admins will allow for peeps to get in there and laugh as everyone dies a horrible death.  For a while, industrious and persistant players were breaking into that area, but I believe the hole has been plugged up sufficiently.  :)

The sounds you hear are just for atmosphere.  I wanted to make the dungeon creepy.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:50:37 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:53 PM »
Hitech mentioned that our Halloween dungeon reminds him of the Confusion dungeon that Nilmer at Alexandra made a long time ago.  Frankly that's a huge complement because if anyone ever played through that dungeon, they'd understand how complex and interesting it was.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Halloween