Author Topic: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)  (Read 15545 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)
« on: July 24, 2020, 03:21:27 PM »
Here's a script I wrote some time ago when I played on RebirthUO.  It's a script that organizes the incoming chat sources (Party, Guild, Alliance and Public).  It's probably easily tweakable to run on non-RunUO shards like OSI.  However the only shard I've tried it on is RebirthUO and I tweaked it to run on Alexandria.  The only section you'd have to modify is the very first where the chat commands are delineated. 

The checkmark in the upper right designates there is a new chat in a tab that's not in focus.  The sound check mark will "beep" when there's a new incoming chat.
Other functions:
Roll - rolls a d100 and posts the value in chat
Share Info - presents you with a target to select an item.  The items properties are then posted to the chat channel.

When typing in the chat text bar, it's not necessary to precede the chat text with the channel chat command, the script automatically appends the appropriate chat command based on the selected chat tab (party, guild, alliance or public)

Code: easyuo
  1. set %public_chat_command 'c
  2. set %party_chat_command / , #SPC
  3. set %guild_chat_command \ , #SPC
  4. set %alliance_chat_command | , #SPC

If you do figure out what these need to be in  order to run on OSI, please post those for the rest to use.  I find this script useful because it keeps track of the incoming chats in one place and filters out all other information like damage, seen objects and npcs and other spam.

Just one of my useful scripts lurking in my dusty script library that I feel some might find useful.

Enjoy!

Made it easier for OSI, now default for RunUO:

If you want to run it on RunUO shards like Alexandria, just change:

1. set %shard_type OSI ; RunUO or OSI

to this (at the beginning of the script)

1. set %shard_type RunUO ; RunUO or OSI

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_chat11f.txt
tm_chatmon3.png
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:16:37 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 06:24:49 PM »
On OSI the public chat command is a comma followed by a space. I sure wish there was a EUO variable to handle a comma that isn't used as an operator. Here is the code I used to build it:
  1. set %public_chat_command ,
  2. set %public_chat_command %public_chat_command , #spc
  3. display ok | , %public_chat_command , |

There is probably a better way to construct that.

Technically this chat command means you need to be "joined" into a channel.

The others are the same on OSI.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »

There is probably a better way to construct that.

Technically this chat command means you need to be "joined" into a channel.

The others are the same on OSI.

Gaderian

So just a comma to start the chat then?  I had also forgotten that OSI has channels.  I suppose RunUO does too come to think of it, so yes you're right to have to join first.  Thanks for looking into the OSI way of things.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 10:54:04 AM »
I try to just put a  comma, but it didn't work.     Gaderian way work fine.  If you are using this, is because we are always following and using the chat.       Will need to tested more, but I want able to get the gen chat to appear  in the box.    The guild since to work.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
I try to just put a  comma, but it didn't work.     Gaderian way work fine.  If you are using this, is because we are always following and using the chat.       Will need to tested more, but I want able to get the gen chat to appear  in the box.    The guild since to work.

On OSI, does the general chat message precede with "<General>" or some other string?  On RunUO, it starts with "<Public>".  If you tell me what the string is, I can tell you what to modify to make it work for you Ghost (and all other OSI players)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »
we have < ID numder>your name: 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »
we have < ID numder>your name:

What's the <ID Number> mean?  Do all chat channels have numbers associated with them?  Perhaps you can post an example chat log?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:34:41 AM »
the ID number is assign by OSI, it unique to us, so it allow to have the same multiple ppl with the same name.    It allow us to block ID as well.   it since to be a 8 digit #

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Journal scan.JPG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »
Are the number always 8 characters in length?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:22 AM »
As far as I can see it always 8 length. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »

Ok cool.  Lemme see if there's a clever way to fix it so it'll work on OSI.  Thanks for the info; should make it possible.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
I just try this on the fly, and it nogo  :(

if #RESULT = <xxxxxxxx>
      {
        if !channel = Public
        {
          str left #JOURNAL 8
          if #STRRES = <xxxxxxxx>

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 11:43:42 AM »
I just try this on the fly, and it nogo  :(

if #RESULT = <xxxxxxxx>
      {
        if !channel = Public
        {
          str left #JOURNAL 8
          if #STRRES = <xxxxxxxx>

Yeh, it's a little bit more complicated than that. ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
Actually this is a bit of a nice brain challenge.  Since that part of the script utilizes the scan journal routines, they require a string to search for ahead of time.  However, since those number change on the fly, there's no way to easily create a search item to isolate that text.  I'll have to gently modify my journal routine to look for those unique integer tags and flag them as the trigger values to be added to public/general chat.

Hopefully you'll have some time to test as I create some tweaks to the code (with some probably false starts).  I haven't played on OSI in a few years now and I don't even want to think about navigating the account management parts of broadsword to enable anything.  Their customer portal sucked back then and I'm sure it sucks just about as much now.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 12:16:15 PM »

Ok cool.  Lemme see if there's a clever way to fix it so it'll work on OSI.  Thanks for the info; should make it possible.

Actually most of my old accounts are 7

Tags: TrailMyx