Author Topic: Using the Crafting Stations  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Using the Crafting Stations
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 08:26:23 PM »
First, the orientation will be a different TYPE. This TYPE refers to the graphic in one of the files. Each graphic gets a different number, so the South and East facings are just a different picture.

We should pick 1 of the scripts to see how to change it. Then if you want to apply similar logic to other scripts, we can go from there. I would prefer starting from someone's original post for their script, then we can show the required changes in that thread and other people can find it, too. If the original author is around, either they might be willing to change it or to apply the changes and repost it. I do not want to repost their whole work - out of respect.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline CityKittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2021, 12:46:16 PM »
Yes I agree, it's always better to get permission. I suspect that, once I see how to change a script I'll feel more confident in trying it in other scripts.

I'll give you an example. Maybe Crisis would like to be involved too.

Crisis Craft and Fill Spellbook Filler Version 1.3b

EDIT to add: The crafting station faces south.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:25:08 AM by CityKitty »
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2021, 10:40:40 PM »
I do not have an active account nor access to the new stations but I trust Gaderian 100% to do an awesome job adding those in there. I will update the original post with the updated one when y'all have it sorted. :)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 03:01:38 AM »
I do not have any of the workstations myself. While I do have an active account and could test - if given access to one and a secure in reach.
I have written up the scroll maker 1.3 that she mentioned earlier and sent her a PM to try it. We'll see what her results are...
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 05:09:18 PM »
What server are you on Gaderian? I'm on Pacific and would happily offer you the use of my stations. We could use a different script once you have a station to use.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »
I have good news. A short test of the script appears to produce a positive result! I had no tools anywhere near me, just the station and it made the scrolls with no complaints. Now I'll go see what other scripts I can apply this to. I'll attach the modded one in case you want to take a look. It's really only what you wrote put into the appropriate spot with the addition of the two stations, as noted above.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crisis Craft and Fill Spellbook Filler 1.3b_MOD.txt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2023, 02:55:49 PM »
This is another scribe one I'm trying to mod. It's so large and confusing, I get lost. If you ever have some spare time, maybe you could look at this one too.

Thanks in advance.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
!KAutoScribe.txt

Tags: