Author Topic: Another one back from the grave  (Read 1023 times)

Offline AhzmandiusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ahzmandius has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Another one back from the grave
« on: October 05, 2021, 11:24:41 AM »
Hello, name's Ahzmandius. I ordiginally found out about UO back in closed testing(I had played several of the previous Ultima games and was excited for an online world!). After several attempts, i managed getting into the final round of beta testing. Within my first hour in game, i was running around moonglow checking out what was inside various containers and bookcases when i saw this monsterous demon flying by! I ran outside to take a better look but could not track it down. I was hooked! (I later realized it was a polymorph player flying around). It took me a couple months to get ahold of the game(shopping around various stores for the install disc, lol!). Some time later, i managed squeezing my way into the T2A beta testing and got to be one of the first people to explore the new lands, and creatures. One of my favorite parts of the game where always server wars. Just a mess of people without a care in the world about their gear in massive pvp battles, just epic :)

I have not been around much since '05 and just got back online a few months ago. While things seem pretty familiar, i got quite the collection of death robes seeing where my old runes led too and re-learning the game. Last time i played, a person with 200k gold in the bank could buy just about anything they wanted, an explosion and two ebolts would put a mage out of action for the next 5 minutes, and people actually worked together in every aspect of the game. I simply can not get used to the EC graphics but the options put anyone else using it so far ahead its not even fair. I used to be an active EUO contributor way back when, and have dabbled with it since getting back but found Orion's javascripting to be amazing fast and the client overall is more on par with the EC client with the look i prefer. I would like to work on contributing some Orion scripts since that area seem a little slower, even though i know of quite a few people using it.

Looking forward too it!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Another one back from the grave
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 03:11:59 PM »
Welcome to SUO! I am glad to see someone else likes Orion. Looking forward to seeing what you post! Restricted status lifted.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:34:56 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:17:18 AM »
Thanks for the intro - Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: