Author Topic: Checking in after years of inactivity  (Read 1131 times)

Offline HannaPandaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HannaPanda has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Checking in after years of inactivity
« on: January 16, 2022, 02:40:10 AM »
+1
Hello you guys. I already posted on the EasyUO forums to find and see what's been happening the last 15 or so years and been contacted by TrailMyx and shown the way to this community.

Things have changed for me quite a lot. I used to be known back then as SorrowMaster, was an active scripter on easyuo.com and later askchopper.com, after EasyUO started a banning spree of some of the most interesting scripts. I developed the first versions of the BucklerDonator (which later I had to switch to something else since UO changed the prices after it took off :D) and, apparently since I almost forgot, the first version of the Heartwood Quester. Gosh, the OCR took me days of fine tuning and fiddling.

It was a weird time back then for me and UO and scripting was kind of an escape from reality for me. And ultimately, after a stint into healthcare, it paved the way into a career in software development with me being a technical consultant today.

I'm surprised Ultima Online's still up and running today. I started back in August 2000 and played, of and on, for something like 7ish years if I'm not mistaken. Feels like almost a lifetime ago. I still remember the good old days of melee and healing training in the wall. The roleplaying on Drachenfels server. Being slower on horseback than others on foot since my modem sucked so badly :D

Ultimately I don't think I'll be getting back into it too much anymore (some things should be left to nostalgia and rose colored glasses) but checking in again to see how things go really is a blast from the past right now.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Checking in after years of inactivity
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 06:13:37 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 07:24:48 AM »
I'm glad you made it over here.  It's no small statement to say that your scripts, and particularly your HW quest script are the reasons this site still exists today.  People like freddy who took it over for you, and others like myself and Cerveza were inspired enough by the potential of the script that we continued with sites like this up until this day.  If it wasn't for EasyUO putting their foot down and prohibiting your work from seeing the light of day, then sites like WinUO, UOCoders and this site would never have existed.

I wish I could take your path of leaving this game to just nostalgia, but every time I start playing when I say I'll never play again - I tend to have a blast. It's a much needed diversion from all the sillyness in the world.

Anyhow, welcome and glad you succeeded and prosper!

Best,
TM
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 08:54:17 AM »
 WELCOME!

Tags: