Author Topic: Hi everyone from long ago....  (Read 2509 times)

Offline J4bberTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • J4bber has no influence.
  • Half Century Scripter
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi everyone from long ago....
« on: January 16, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »
Hi everyone,
   So before you ask, yes I am the real J4bber, original owner of UOCoders.com.

To start, I want to say I am SORRY for being such an arse with deleting UOCoders in the past.  This was me letting my pride and arrogance get the best of me.  You see, I had decided to give the site to TrailMyx and Cerveza from an administration, management, control point of view, but keeping the actual ownership.  I don't remember the specifics, but I got pissed during a discussion with TrailMyx and Cerveza and just said to hell with it and deleted the site.  That was childish and stupid on my part.  I also walked away from the UO community completely. 

Fast forward to now, 15+ years later. 

I turned 50 in 2021 and have been looking back on the things I did when I was younger.  Deleting UOCoders is one of the things that came to mind.  Reflecting back, analyzing what I did and didn't do, I realize this was one of the bigger mistakes I made back then and I wanted to say how sorry I truly am.

The day I deleted the site hurt more than just me, Cerveza and TrailMyx.  I let down ALL the great coders that were around then and the up and coming coders that had yet to be a part of the community.  I let down having a place for learning scripting, having a place to belong, and not having the dictatorship of the EasyUo site block us all from having the scripts we wanted.

But TrailMyx and Cerveza did not let everyone down.  They created scriptuo.com to continue having a place for like minded people to continue to work together on UO scripting, I am so glad they did.

So why am I even telling everyone this?

I am not sure if this message will stay or if the bridges burned long ago are still burning, but I just wanted to put this out there.

To TrailMyx, Cerveza, Missymoose, Gimlet, Freddy, 12TimesOver, _C2_, Endless Nights, Guadah, Tidus, redsquirrel, Neo and the many other names I just don't remember, I hope you accept this appology. 

Keep scripting, enjoy the game, have fun.

-J4bber

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone from long ago....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 01:38:12 PM »

Welcome back! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Welcome Back!
I Hold no grudges!

And just like that it is done!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 01:50:16 PM »
Well I'll be damned! Glad to see you turn up J4bber! Happy 50th, one of us can teach you the secret 50 year old handshake now :D

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 04:33:29 PM »
No grudges felt here.  Sometimes little things like that can create opportunities else where.  UOCoders was great because of the people, and it lived on when it came to ScriptUO.  The community is still here, and you are still apart of the community.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline J4bberTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • J4bber has no influence.
  • Half Century Scripter
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 04:14:33 PM »
Well it is time to call it done.  Hanging up my UO and scripting hat.  Fading into the sunset.

To all those out there over the years, thanks for the good times.  To all those still using the scripts, enjoy and realize just how much blood, sweat, tears, and sometimes even more were put into them.

It probably does not need to be said since I left for 15 years before, but just in case anyone cares.  At this point all my scripts, if you still have any, are Public Domain.  Do what you wish with them.

Remember, it is just a game....

So long everyone. 
-J4bber

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 04:23:25 PM »
Be safe and take care,   Some of us will be here holding  the light, if you ever  return.  Thx for your Contribution over time.

Tags: