Author Topic: Welcome me back ;)  (Read 1516 times)

Offline CelloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cello has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Welcome me back ;)
« on: September 10, 2023, 02:39:30 AM »
Greetings and salutations fellow Ultima Online Players

Most will think me mad, sitting here - typing away to get access to a scripting page for a game older than most of our kids...
Why not play Starfield, Diablo IV or Baldurs Gate 3?
Some would call me a cheapscate (they haven't seen the bill I have worked up on UOStore...) but that't not the reason for playing UO - again.

Back when UO Renaissance had just launched and I was sitting on my 33.6 modem I bought the game.
I had played a little Ultima - but didn't get very far into the game, but I knew the brand.
I still remember the first time in the game - figuring out that kindling could be made from trees, as well as logs- depending on the tool used.
I remember being helped and scammed on my first night in Britain - as well as finding out why killing dogs wasn't my cup of tea.

I have used countless hours grinding away - getting my first house down the coast from Scara Brae. Getting my first online friend, setting up a regs bussiness - moving on to the real estate marked and in the meantime getting more and more online friends - getting into a guild and much more.

Now - my girlfriend recently started playing Stardew Valley - somehow it reminded me of UO and I downloaded the client to show her why I thought the two games simmilar.
Here I am now,barely two months later - two accounts active again, member of an active guild and.. orion was recommended when I mentioned that I still used UOAM,and UOassist.

I'm not a coder, but I have made some mad macros in the day  :P

I have reactivated an old friend whom I am now playing with on a daily basis.
I'm almost fifty and hail from the cold Scandinavia.

I play mostly PvE but have been doing a bit of PvP when required.
I have chars on Siege and Europa, and am currently playing on Europa in a guild that does a bit of everything.
I throughly enjoy fishing - and am just getting into learning the ropes  there again.
My theif is almost finished and my old-school warrior is being transformed into a pretty self sustained sampire.

The guildies are pressuring me to begin PvPing with my mage ;)

/C
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 03:16:44 AM by Cello »
Forward - always forward"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome me back ;)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 06:57:34 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline CelloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cello has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 09:38:21 AM »
Thank you :)
Forward - always forward"

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 02:28:12 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 06:16:13 PM »
You are among old farts, so feel welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: