Author Topic: XBox 360 Info...  (Read 11289 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
XBox 360 Info...
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
+1
Does it have wireless built in, or do you need to buy a wireless adapter?

Whats a good combo to get? I'm looking at the Xbox 360 Elite.

Oh and this Xbox Live thing... do you need that to play online? Do you have to pay for membership?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:11:22 PM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: XBox 360 Info...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
+1
From what I read, it doesn't have builtin wireless.  Controllers are wireless, but not for networking.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
+1
You will need to buy the wireless adapter for the internet, as far as playing online and getting updates goes youll need xboxlive they sell diffrent code types like 1 month 3 month a year...

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »
+1
Yeah they're both right.

What games aer you thinking about getting?  I got an XBox!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »
+1
My son wants one to play Halo. That's about it. He wants a $600.00 game.

I can talk to him all day about how $450.00 for a PS3 would give us BluRay, and a great resolution video system, and wi-fi included, but he just wants to play Halo.

$399.99 - XBox Elite
$100.00 - Wi-fi adapter
$ 50.00 - Extra controller
$ 50.00 - Live year subscription
--------
$599.99 with HALO

$399.99 Playstation 3
$   0.00 Wi-fi Adapter
$ 50.00 Extra Controller
$   0.00 Multiplayer (Live)
--------
$449.99 Without HALO

It's just too bad he has no concept of logic.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
+1
Isn't Halo available on the PC?

Sounds like he nees a spanking.. lol  Time to make him play Battlefield instead!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
+1
My son wants one to play Halo. That's about it. He wants a $600.00 game.

I can talk to him all day about how $450.00 for a PS3 would give us BluRay, and a great resolution video system, and wi-fi included, but he just wants to play Halo.

$399.99 - XBox Elite
$100.00 - Wi-fi adapter
$ 50.00 - Extra controller
$ 50.00 - Live year subscription--------
$599.99 with HALO

Hi,

just in case you don't know ...
to play online it is not really necessary to use xBox live.
There is a costfree homebrew project you can use to find
others online to play with.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

cu

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:56:16 AM »
+1
I'll definitely check that out. I've already Homebrewed my Wii.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
+1
Adding custom firmware to your dvd drive for the 360 is the way to go.  I own both ps3 and 360, cfw allows you to play game backups.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Theosibo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Theosibo has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
+1
This may or may not help you Cerveza,

I bought a 360 about 3 months ago.  I spent around $1500 for mine (bought rock band and a buncha games, and wireless adapter, etc.)

HOWEVER, I got a nice little bundle deal which may or may not still be available when I got my live card.  I paid $60 for a 13 month live card (year with bonus month) a chatpad, a headset, AND Project Gotham Racing 4.  I got it at GameStop.

Also, the xbox live community is FAR AND AWAY superior to the PS3 online community.  Its SO slick and intuitive, and PS3's just feels junky to me.

So now that I've spoken all the reasons you should cave to your illogical son, let me tell you why you shouldn't.

BLUERAY PLAYER.. duh.

I kick myself in the ass daily for not going with the PS3 for this single solitary reason.  I was also mad at having to pay the $100 for the wireless internet adapter.  Of course you realize it has an ethernet port on the back, and if you have your xbox close enough to your router you can just run a Cat5 cable, right?

Anyway, hope it helps you make a decision.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 06:18:02 AM »
+1
Here's the good the Bad, and the Ugly.
PS3 - Wireless Controllers, Wireless Networking, Free Online (so far) some decent games great graphics, Blue Ray
X-Box - Wireless Controllers, Wireless Networking (With Add-on), X-Box live (Paided Subscription), TROD - Three Ring of Death.... oh wait? that's not a good thing?!!?

so look here, I have a few Co-Workers that own X-box's. Every Single one has had to pay an Extra 100 bones to send there Xbox in for TROD service, one of them has had to send it in twice. so far he's payed over 600 bucks just for a Unit that Microsoft can't stabilize. 

Best Option.

1: Kick the Kid.
2: if he asks for the X-box or gaystation again See Rule #1

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
+1
Let me re-reply with actual info you can use.

I have been a Playstation fan since PS1.  I loved it and hated the xbox and always thought halo was dumb compared to say Rainbow Six, Call of Duty ect.  So, when I bought my PS3, I actually bought it when the rumor was that the Blu Ray movie of Resident Evil Apocalypse was going to have a playable demo of RE5.  Of coarse it didnt and it was just a rumor and I was pissed.  I was holding out till I had a good idea which system had better stability and games I like.

But I had my PS3, here are the definate pros.

BluRay
WiFi
Free Online

Those are the obvious, here is the not so obvious...

The hard drive IS upgradeable with a normal hard drive.  The 360 is not, no matter what size hard drive you manage to put in the shell, it will revert to 120gb max, even if its got 500gb.  And they charge an arm and a leg for such upgrades (360).  This is where sony did the job right, they knew we would have already spent a minimum of $500 and let us decide on our own where we want to get our upgrades from.

The PS3 can play movies over a network with little to no setup, you dont even need to set up your PC as long as you have media sharing enabled.  The 360, you need to input a code the 360 gives you into your PC.  I didnt even bother setting it up on my 360.

Most games, barring the console specific like halo for 360, uncharted for ps3, are on both systems.  Keep this in mind though.  Blu Ray discs can hold like 30gb of info compared to dvd's which is 9gb roughly.  So when Sony starts putting out games that use that much space, they will be worth it.

The pros of an xbox 360...

Well, the controller is much easier and better set up than the ps3's imo.  But the real good part and WHY I purchased a 360 was for what I mentioned earlier, the firmware of the dvd rom can be hacked to play copied games.  Which in the end will save you a fortune if you want to do such things.  Rent and Copy is pretty easy.  The hacking of the dvd is pretty easy, I just had to take mine apart again to update the firmware to the latest cause some games would not work.  But to burn a 360 game all you need is a pc with a dvd/DL burner and an iso of the game. 

You will want to buy two things to update the firmware if you decide to do this.  It will cost roughly 40-60 depending on what kind you want.  Its a connectivity kit and probe to hook up to your pc to flash the 360's dvd.  There is a great manual with pictures that you get when you download the cutom firmware.  Step by step instructions, easy as pie.  And honestly taking apart the 360 is pretty damn easy too.

Now, the 360 has some great games, available on both systems, but imo graphics are moot as both systems can do 1080p.  Here is a list of games I loved for 360..

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Riddik Assault on Dark Athena
Guitar Hero/Rockband games
Star Ocean
FEAR 1 and 2
Spiderman Web of Shadows

Thats the small list...

PS3
Uncharted
RE5
Ridge Racer 7
CoD4

Hope this helps, need to tend to the child, so I will post more later.  If you want to know more about flashing firmware, let me know, I will get you more info.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
+1
so look here, I have a few Co-Workers that own X-box's. Every Single one has had to pay an Extra 100 bones to send there Xbox in for TROD service, one of them has had to send it in twice. so far he's payed over 600 bucks just for a Unit that Microsoft can't stabilize. 

Your co-workers got screwed somehow. Before XBox fixed the 3ROD I had to return my console once. It was completely free to do and they paid for shipping and gave me 30 days free XBox Live Gold. My friend was less lucky and had to return consoles 2-3 times, but each time he didn't pay a cent and also got 30 days XBox Live Gold.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
+1
did the have First Gen Systems? both of these tards have owned the system since the release date what? 4-5 years ago?
Warrenties and Extended warrenties have been long expired.. hell if I was going to buy an X-box. I'd just wait for the next Gen X-box should be to far away 2010? Xbox 540!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:19 AM »
+1
Has anyone here actually done the chip MOD to their 360?

Tags: