Author Topic: Miffy's Item Finder  (Read 105112 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Miffy's Item Finder
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »
+1
Yep, seems like only yesterday.....  :D
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 05:50:05 AM »
+1
How hard would it be to change this around a bit for organizing items in a home?

Like if I have a pile of stuff in one chest, and some in another, have this find all piles of stuff and combine them together?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
+1
Pretty hard really.  That fights against the mechanics of how you collect things.  Right now you can collect the items and put them in you pack.  There's no facility to have a destination pack other than you #BACKPACK.  It would get kinda annoying to have to "Target source container" and "Target destination container".

It would be easier to just write a new script than it would be to try and bend this one I think.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »
+1
Ok, I finally had some time to fix a couple issues with this script.  I've also added a container targeting feature, so if you want to combine particular items, you can target a destination container.  Take a look at v99.

P.S.  I finally ran the syntax checker on it.  oopsie.  I shoulda done that a while ago.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:20:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »
+1
Wait a minute.... an option to put found items into a targetted container??

That sounds familiar..... like something someone suggested... like over a YEAR ago  :P

Cool that you could incorporate that.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
+1
Heh, well I've had it in my personal version for about that long.  I was just stingy.... :p (probably right after you recommended it....)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
+1
Ok, v99 is broke.

Did a search for something in my secures. I used "mana > 20" to find a mana leech bow. I found a few, then I did a search for "mana > 30" on my pack to find which were above 30. NO HITS. I look and see that there are bows above 30, so why no hits?

I change it to the same search that got the bows into my pack "mana > 20" and target my backpack and NO HITS. It's not searching backpacks at all.

No matter what search criteria I put in, nothing is found in my backpack. I even did the "space" thing that shows everything and got "found 0" on my backpack. And it's not opening up sub-containers in my pack.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:18:37 PM by Cerveza »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
+1
Ok, ignore all my other posts (I deleted them anyhow).  The script is doing exactly what it's programmed to do.  If you are trying to evaluate the source and destination container, it will fail.  From this code:

Code: [Select]
  finditem * C_ , !search_container
    if ( #FINDKIND = -1 ) || ( !search_container = %mypaperdoll ) || ( !search_container = %destination ) ; || ( !search_container = #BACKPACKID )
      goto continue_search_skip1 ; (skips)

Will cause the container to not be evaluated.  You might try changing the destination to something else, but I never intended the script to search the destination just for safeguarding purposes to avoid getting into a drag-loop.

So it's not broke, it's working exactly the way I intended it.  :)

But I'm glad you fully tested my safeguard.  heh.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:13:59 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:26 AM »
+1
Well... it's ignoring everything in your backpack, which is technically your destination, even when nothing is dragged to your backpack. Even when you target your backpack because you want to search it.

So it's impossible to search for items in your backpack? Which isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice to know.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 06:45:09 AM »
+1
Ya, those are the kinds of checks I started putting in when issues like "Stripping Cerveza" pops up.  If you were messing with the display and clicked your paperdoll or backpack when it does container sampling, you run the risk of looting what you already looted/purchased/wear.  That was definitely added as a precaution.  It's not a matter of ignoring everything in your backpack, it's not even evaluating anything in your backpack (destination).  Probably this was added due to feedback/testing early on.

Like I said, you might try changing your destination to perhaps a pack in your backpack and see if you can evaluate your main level of the backpack.  At least 99 give you that option.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 06:50:49 AM »
+1
No problems at all. I'll just make a destination (much cooler anyways) within my backpack.

I just kept trying by backpack over and over and I KNEW there was matching criteria in it... Didn't know it was making me nekkid....

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:54 PM »
+1
I've been trying to play with this coming up short..
I'm searching through a bag with like 100 bows in it.. just looking for Swing_Speed_Increase >= 20, comming up with 0 Results. then I refined the search Swing_Speed_Increase N/A came up with 0 results... now I know I there has to be at least 80 bows with Swing Speed increase as a property.. not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »
+1
That uses finditem ignore, so if you found them once, you won't find them again.  You'll have to refine your search ahead of time.

You might search were the ignore should reset and put that in.

Also, you need the spaces and not the underscores.  That might be your problem.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:49:09 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
+1
lol, I dunno it just started working all of a sudden....

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »
+1
Does this mean i need to update my XML version to your version?  LOL...  i don't remember even how i did the XML anymore...LMAO
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968