Author Topic: How to NOT get access at Script UO, by kings  (Read 15228 times)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: How to NOT get access at Script UO, by kings
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
I tend to find more enjoyment reading our replies to idiots that post horrible intros rather than intros themselves!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 11:28:39 AM »
I tend to find more enjoyment reading our replies to idiots that post horrible intros rather than intros themselves!

I second that. 

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »
you know, maybe we are being to mean. Maybe he got busy with some life crisis and forgot about the site.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »
you know, maybe we are being to mean. Maybe he got busy with some life crisis and forgot about the site.

You could be right, we tend to get old and cynical because of the sheer number of stupid intros we see (I rarely post, but I tend to read most of them). It's tough to know when we're scaring a good person away and when we're making fun of the idiots we don't want here anyways
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline kingsTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kings is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 03:19:22 AM »
Quote from: kings
not really sure what to say, looking for some help with some scrips, hope to make some of my own, can't wait to get started.

well is that not an introduction? i did as the post asks... maybe some criteria of what info you are looking for might help.
i am an average player looking to get back into playing the game.
the scripts will help. end of story, any more info?

and as i said, i am an average player looking to get back into playing, i play OSI, anything more then that you might wanna buy me a drink.

Quote from: kjings
once again... posted everything asked.

Cerveza - Here's kings second attempt at gaining access to scripts here at Script UO. I've joined all four of his replies together. Notice his attitude, he seems to think he deserves access and doesn't need to post anything other then "I play UO and want scripts". He even takes a smart-azz attitude with his "anything more then that you might wanna buy me a drink" statement.

Again, our members jumped in and pointed him in the right direction. There's MANY examples of intro's here, but instead of reading them and attempting to write something similar, he chose to be 'stand-off-ish'.

Well, I gave him a 5 day ban after this, but since seeing this wasn't his first intro I've decided that we really don't need kings here. He was giving more then enough chances to come around, but chose the smart-azz route instead. I've put him on the perm ban list.

We don't ask much, but this is something we require. Kings has just shown how much effort it takes to fail.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:43:18 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 04:23:46 AM »
not really sure what to say, looking for some help with some scrips, hope to make some of my own, can't wait to get started.
so what should i say? what shard i play on, my characters, personal info? i mean come on, i'm here i posted, get over yourselves.
i quit playing for a while, want to get back into UO, need a few scripts to get some much needed items, stuff like the vesper turn ins, stuff like that.
Been wanting to make a few scripts, maybe alter a few out there. haven't really got too much into it.
is it really that big a deal?  

Well, obviously to us it IS a big deal. Telling us to get over ourselves is going to go a LONG way to getting your restricted stats lifted!  Yes, for the hours and hours  and hours of work that people put in to write these scripts, and give em away free (Almost free, we ask for a good introduction) the least you can do is put in some time and effort into writing ONE introduction post. If you can't bother to do that, then you can use the same door you came in to go back OUT!

If it were up to me I would sticky this post and retitle it:  How NOT to get your restricted status Lifted

I know...lets go bite that hand that you want to feed you...before your fed!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:46:59 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Bagenholt

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 04:49:28 AM »
hahaha now that is funny, and I thought I was cheeky  :P

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 04:53:49 AM »
well is that not an introduction? i did as the post asks... maybe some criteria of what info you are looking for might help.
i am an average player looking to get back into playing the game.
the scripts will help. end of story, any more info?

Ok time to be the imfamous self linker here, but I am not sure if even THAT will save you. Apparently your quick with the keyboard, but unfortunatly slow at reading, because criteria has been posted for a LONG time.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Bagenholt

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 04:56:17 AM »
You could read some of the intros already posted? There's some really good ones about...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 05:08:55 AM »
Wow guess someone likes the restricted area a whole lot..  perhaps you can sweep out some of the dust while your waiting thier.  

FYI we know you want/need scripts   we also know that you probably/cannot/willnot/donot know how to write scripts  this is standard for most....  So very is little is asked for you to get what you want.  Unfortunatly for you you have not provided that yet. Go back read the intro requirements, maybe if you see fit re-adjust your attitude and try again or not .. should we care.

As for drinks buying I believe its probably you that would need to spend the whole night in the pub/bar buying the whole COMMUNITY here drinks... not the otherway round...

DO i hear the permanent ban hammer appraoching...  I Definatly think i can at least find a pin to release some of that hot air build up in the crannial area.  Ow wait should we care.. good luck to you and yours in what ever ventures sounds like you will be needing it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:12:38 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Bagenholt

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 05:21:29 AM »
It's not really an application form kind of process...

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 05:24:49 AM »
Well, kings will have a few days away from SUO to think about his next action.

Lets all hope he learns what is required in that time.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:44 AM »
YAY!!

Thanks Cerv!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 05:45:07 AM »
Sniff.....sniff what is that? Cgeorgemo thinks he smells a self linker.......yes cgeorgemo certainly does.

Although in this case cgeorgemo believes that he'd have self linked also TT......cgeorgemo certainly does.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: