Author Topic: Now I'm off to XHTML  (Read 4446 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Now I'm off to XHTML
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
+1
Well, so far I've created my web site completely in HTML, and converted it to XHTML which is supposedly the newest and most compatible web design language. I forget what version it is, but I made the conversion with a great new editor I found. It's called HTMLPad 2010 Ver. 10.0.0.111.  Here's their site. I'd say my site is about 75% done with the basic layout links and such, but there's one more thing I'm working on adding and I think I'll need some JS for it to work.  I upgraded my server HD to 250gb's but it's still being powered by a subtle 150w PS, 512mb of mem, and an Intel proc that is approximately 5+ years old. So I've formatted and reinstalled Server '03 on it and that's about as far as I've gotten with it...been having fun making my page and whatnot. I think with all I'm doing, I'll have this server house some info that my uo scripts will require and probably my UCI program. I figure I could have the WT script call and run the rails from the server location rather than have users download all the rails and wait for them all to load since it can take several minutes for it to load into memory. The UCI program can work similar to that as well.  The UCI program could connect to my server from the client, access an XML db, and supply the user with the required arguments that the chosen script needs to have in order to function.  It could also be cool for client/users to upload their own custom scripts and call functions that would be unique to them and not stored completely on the server. That would also enable remote access from anywhere they want, not just the computer they use regularly, but any one computer anywhere.  Probably will need some security and verifications for custom script access and running, but that's a long shot from where all this is now.

Just thought I'd post a bit as to what I've been up to for the last little while.

Tags: