Ultima Online Fan Board > Treasure Hunting

beginning fishing

(1/3) > >>

Khameleon:
what the best way to train fishing?
I started at 0 ;(
I started fishing out in the ocean I got up to 25 points then it died.....
I read on uoguide that I can only fish in shallow water until I hit 75 real skill.
any scripts out there that walk me along the shore line and fish?

Pearls:
Ive tried a few on Easyuo but all seemed not to work for me thou :( So i basically did it manually up to 65 skill. Then go to the serverline, train it there using TM's fisherman. Once u reach 80 skill u could think of going into deep water to train. But its a pain to do it manually from 30-65 believe me. I did it in two days, but its annoying as hell. But once u gm, oh my god, sweet sweet TM heaven ;)

TrailMyx:
It's been a little time since I've trained a newb fisher on OSI, but can't you do serverline training anytime upto 70ish?  It's just like standing on a dock, just need to be sure to place your boat so a random elemental or serpent won't find you.  Flipper is fine.

12TimesOver:
I believe you are correct TM, last time I did it was the same thing. I've never used a script for training fishing in fact, always done it with a UOA/Razor macro down in "8x8 alley" off Moonglow or 4x4 off Magincia docs.

Used to be that you could hire a NPC, tell it to guard you, and deep water fish off the Mag docs. Anytime an aggro popped up the NPC would guardwhack it and the SOS's ended up at your feet. They've since changed it to shallow water and, as I mentioned above, you can 4x4 off it at a few spots so, set it and forget it! Go to bed, be 70 in the morning.

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: 12TimesOver on August 22, 2008, 11:13:44 AM ---I believe you are correct TM, last time I did it was the same thing. I've never used a script for training fishing in fact, always done it with a UOA/Razor macro down in "8x8 alley" off Moonglow or 4x4 off Magincia docs.

Used to be that you could hire a NPC, tell it to guard you, and deep water fish off the Mag docs. Anytime an aggro popped up the NPC would guardwhack it and the SOS's ended up at your feet. They've since changed it to shallow water and, as I mentioned above, you can 4x4 off it at a few spots so, set it and forget it! Go to bed, be 70 in the morning.

--- End quote ---

Oh lol, didn't know about the NPC thing.  That's hilarious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version