Author Topic: City of Ember  (Read 9349 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
City of Ember
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
All I can say is wow, what an excellent movie! I'm sure that the fact that I have not read the book helps but I thought this was an excellent flick and my 8-year old daughter agrees.

If you've never heard of the flick welcome to the club. This film, in my opinion, had damn near blockbuster potential but there was little to no pre-marketing whatsoever. I only heard about it four days before it was released (10/10) from a guy at work who happened to catch a preview the night before.

Bill Murray plays a food-hording, crooked mayor of an underground city built to save humankind from some sort of apocolyptic event we never really hear much about. The city is meant to last 200 years but this information and the information as to how to get out of the city is lost over time. Tim Robbins plays the father of one of the kids that figure this out and try to find a way out of the city to save mankind.

Check out the web site for trailers and clips - http://www.cityofember.com/

XIIxOveR gives it two thumbs up!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: City of Ember
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
But how many possums is 2 thumbs convert to?  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 02:39:32 AM »
.18275 thumb = 2/3 the average sum of the difference between 1 and 3.14159 cubed against the approximate value of 13 offset by the difference of a gopher or, in short, a single possum
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
I want to see the movie but Wife wont let me see it in the theaters and I cant find a screener yet :(

Tags: