Author Topic: In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti  (Read 17652 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
Filming begins on Boondock Saints 2

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 09:37:07 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
And you know, I never saw the first one...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
Leave this very minute and rent it. Take the rest of the day off!

I saw it in Korea years ago. It came out the same time as Res Dogs and some of those other "gangster" movies, so it didn't do well in the states. When it was released on DVD it was one of those cult hits.

It still ranks as one of my all time favorites. The Willam Defoe part is a little over the top in places, but there are some subtle parts that just rock. Some dialog that you'll miss the first time because of the accents.

Connor: Okay, Roc...
[Connor looks at him and laughs; his mask is badly put on]
Rocco: What? You guys got masks.
Murphy: You look like Mush Mouth from Fat Albert.
[as they keep giggling, Rocco takes his mask off]
Rocco: Fine! *bleep* it. When we're done, she can ID me. I don't care. Just trying to be professional, but nooooo...
Connor: It looks fine!
Rocco: *bleep* it.
Connor: Now shut the *bleep* up, you look good. Put it on! You look fuckin' scary, man!
[Rocco puts his mask on, again badly]
Connor: [trying not to laugh] Now Roc, are you sure that you're obee-kay-bee?

Connor: Jeez! It's a fuckin' six-shooter. *bleep*!
Murphy: There's nine bodies, genius.
Connor: What the *bleep* were you gonna do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:17:36 AM »
ive never actually the first one.. sure sounds like a bit of fun .. im going to get it right now :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »
Post back an honest review after you watch it EN.

I really enjoyed it. The brothers, the "mission", the Russians...

Russian: "My name is Chekoff"
Bar Tender: "Well that there's McCoy, find us a Spock and we got an away team"

ROFL

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:33:29 AM »
I've got it coming in on my next Amazon.com order.

The Boondock Saints was my old guild in WoW.  Never knew what it meant until after the guild died.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »
NOW that was a good F*****g movie

I must admit I really Enjoyed that.  Might even be the best movie ive seen this year and its 9 years old. Really suprised i've never heard of it before.

Now im looking forword to the part II.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:14:56 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »
Lol, if that's not an affirmation, I don't know what is!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »
Glad to see you enjoyed it EN!

When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.

Connor: How far are we gonna take this, Da?
Il Duce: The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?

Like I said, on my list of best movies  ;)

*OH HERE's a preview for TM. One of the best scenes ever filmed.

Connor: Shhh. We are doing some serious *bleep* here, now get a *bleep* hold of yourself!
Murphy: Oh, **bleep* you*! I'm not the rope-totin' Charlie Bronson wannabe that's getting us *bleep* lost!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:58:17 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Boondock Saints always has been one of my favorite movies. The way its filmed, how it takes u to the crime of the scene after Willem Dafoe plays his part perfectly. Its a 5 star movie for sure.

I'll have a coke ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »
Ok, watched this thing this evening.  It's funny when a movie tries to be fun/serious at the same time, but I tell you this one pulled it off.  I've always been a Willem Dafoe fan going back to his performance in To Live and Die in LA.  He's waaay over-the-top, but he's probably the only actor in existence that could pull it off the way he did.  The brothers were totally awesome and how everything comes together at the end is a real treat.  Did I mention you'll laugh through it?  But did they have to blow the cat up into a zillion pieces?  Jeeez.  I can't wait to watch it again.

I'm actively looking forward to the sequel assuming they can keep the cast as vibrant as they did from the last movie.

Now I need a Latte!  I'll get it myself, thank you!

I'll have a coke ;)

I get it now!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 05:04:47 AM »
I'll have a coke ;)

I get it now!

Yea definatly not a PC movie was it.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:04 AM »
So how many dead cats you giving it TM?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
cat_bang.gif

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »
So how many dead cats you giving it TM?

I'd have to go with 4 1/2 dead cats there.  The conversion is 1/1 with possums thankfully.

Yea definatly not a PC movie was it.

Not even close.  Probably why I liked it so much; I don't play PC very well unless it's running UO or WoW.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »
Glad to see it was a hit amongst the SUO elite :)  I loved the first one so I am really hoping the second is good :)

Tags: