Author Topic: 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted  (Read 2930 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:18:16 PM »
That is a pretty good article.  He makes some very valid points.  After all, how many of us spend hour upon hour grinding Medusas, etc to get that "special" drop.  Not that reading this article will change my play habbits, or stop me from playing... good read still.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
That is a pretty good article.  He makes some very valid points.  After all, how many of us spend hour upon hour grinding Medusas, etc to get that "special" drop.  Not that reading this article will change my play habbits, or stop me from playing... good read still.

JaF

I did make me look into the free shard option again.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: