Author Topic: Sliem quester - ter mur (FASTEST way to queens forge access)  (Read 24218 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
This is working, and near complete. There is NO faster way to 10K points than this, but it is NOT the most cost effective way.

Time to 10K for a gargoyle starting at 2K should be 25 minutes. Time to 10K for a human should be 30 minutes. This is a 300% more effective method than anyother.

Average time for each quest should be 12 seconds, or 5 per minute, including looting.

Thanks to the following for help during this, my first real script attempt:
Trailmyx for his gump wait and offset click subs and ideas, such as scripted questing. And for SUO utility and the site!
 BadManiac and Tecmo for the move item sub.
 Cervesa for the snippets thread and advice, especially using #findcnt, and the pause snippet (not used here). His push for 120 imbuing inspired this script.
Twinkle McNugget for advice and his ignore item sub.
Paulonius for daring to be the first to try this out, and excellent bug stomping.
 _c2_ for his awesome menu tutorial. Using your #menubutton suggestion, among many others.
Xahtuj for feedback and ideas.
J4bber for his LJ drop sub.
Scriptfellow for the click X Y Z sub and menu subs.
Lion from easy uo, got time ideas from his timer sub. Header included, but did not use his code, just his math.

Code: [Select]
;===========================================================
; Name: sliemQuest
; Author: Baldielocks
; Version: 1.2
; Easyuo Version : 1.5
; Client Version : 7.0.7.3
; Tested: OSI. Intended for OSI only, use on freeshard at own risk.

; Purpose: Completes Sliemquest for fastest queens forge access.

; Special Thanks:
; Trailmyx for his gump wait and offset click subs and ideas, such as scripted questing. And for SUO utility and the site!
; BadManiac and Tecmo for the move item sub.
; Cervesa for the snippets thread and advice, especially using #findcnt, and the pause snippet (not used here).
;             His push for 120 imbuing inspired this script.
; Twinkle McNugget for advice and his ignore item sub.
; Paulonius for daring to be the first to try this out, and excellent bug stomping.
; _c2_ for his awesome menu tutorial. Using your #menubutton suggestion, among many others.
; Xahtuj for feedback and ideas.
; J4bber for his LJ drop sub.
; Scriptfellow for the click X Y Z sub and menu subs.
; Lion from easy uo, got time ideas from his timer sub. Header included, but did not use his code, just his math.
; Everyone that ever released a script publically. Thank you for sharing!
; Most especially, my wife Sunny for supporting my scripting time with a smile, and listening to my insane babble.

; Changlelog: version 1.2, Aug Jul 2010
; Added auto detect for quest item toggle gump size.
; Added Essence Counters
; Removed move and checkground subs, added my own version. This needs help!
; Added Cervesa target system toggle.

; Changelog: previous, 20 July 2010 :
; Fixed loyalty counter. Captured #menures too soon. Now captures after OK is pressed.
; Removed display command and added in pause to set up menu so you can get materials before starting main quest.
; Changed context menu gump size. Included instructions if other people have this issue.
; Added in quest chest handling. now looks for container on ground to put them in. If not there, will create new stack.
; Added ignore lists. added ignore %lootbag during pack cleanup.
; NOTE, current version looks for quest chest only on ground. I have not added in other containers.
; Changed menu drawing. Added in time to set initial wait times.
; Added on the fly pause sub.
; Added two methods to avoid image ghosting during dragc and and drop operations.
; Deleted some lines left over from changes (oops, bad baldie)
; Changed client logged off handling to loop to accept quest, then wait 10S.

;TO DO LIST: journal scan checks vice %actionwait. Add in counters for essence. Center setup menu.
;;==============================================================================
;                              _
;           ___         _     | |  __   ___ _____
;         / __/  __ _ _(_)_ _ | |_\  ) (  //  _  \     Making (s)UO easier.
;         \__ \(  _/ `_/ / ` \|  _|  | |  |  / \  \     www.scriptuo.com
;          __| | (_| | | | |) | | \  \_/  |  \_/  /     Admin:  TrailMyx
;         \___/\___| | |_|  _/\__\ \_____/\______/    Ass. Admin:  Cerveza
;                  | |   | |
;                  |_|   |_|
;copied from Twinkle McNugget.
;==============================================================================
; QUESTING INSTRUCTIONS AND INFO
; Start at home or bank, wherever you have your materials.
; Set lootbag, This may be your mainpack, or any type of container.
; Script will display the required amount of perfect emeralds and
;crystalline blacrock to reach 10K loyalty from your starting point.
; Quest items MUST be in your mainpack.
; Load up and go to Sliem.
; You will be given a chance to set waits next. adjust slowly if at all.
; Hit the begin quest button and off you go.
;
; Refer to the main thread at http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=5438.0 for location info if needed.
; NOTE: New Targetting MUST be on.

; Wait times can be adjusted on the fly, and are refreshed after each sub. Pause is checked after each loop.

; You will need 1 crystalline blackrock and 2 perfect emerald per quest IN YOUR MAIN PACK.
; Script checks loyalty and recommends number of blackrock and perfect emeralds to reach 10000 loyalty.
; Each quest yields 75 loyalty. Estimated time is 13 seconds per quest, including looting.
; You get a bonus 2K for being gargoyle from start, so you only need 8K points or 107 quests ( 107 CBR and 214 PE). Estimated time 20 minutes.
; If human or if you used a token, you will need 134 crystalline and 268 perfect emeralds. Estimated time 25 minutes.
; Loot is one box that weighs 4 stone, and 1 essence that weighs 1/10 stone.
; You can load up at home, then go to sliem with scipt running.
; Select "Start Quest" when you are at Sliem's location, and he is ON SCREEN.
; If you wish to use this to get essence ( I do not recommend it ), lie about your loyalty.
;There is a known issue with some users having different context menu sizes. I attempt to detect and correct that at script outset.
; Please let me know if you hang up on toggling quest item.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BL Sliem Quester V 1.2.txt
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:10:27 AM by baldielocks »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Sliem quester - ter mur (FAST way to queens forge access)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
any feed back on this part? working on updates. Also working 14 hours shifts @ 7 days, so it could take some time.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
I will certainly give it a try.

I wonder if you could post a bit more of an instructional write up with it.  At least where you go and maybe a picture...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
sure can. for now, will add a pic from stratics. At work... :-X. Thanks for taking a look paul! P.S. This is my first real script attempt to add to the library. Any and all suggestions / comments welcome.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:01:56 PM by baldielocks »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:11 AM »
New version 3 uploaded. Changed to finditem type for Sliem (thanks cervesa). Added in counters in sys message form.

What is the formula for turning #scnt into real time? Right now, I am getting a quest completion time of 9. BUt more impressive if displayed in seconds.

Working on adding in TM's journal scan and wait for gumps.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »
Once EUO comes back up there are some good clock utility subs over there you could use.

Just be sure to credit them in your header when you use code from someone else.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:02:07 AM »
Maybe a mod can merge my posts?
Beta version 4, put in sub form. Changed sliem targetting to be more stable. Added debug code.
Added TrailMyx's gumpwait sub.converted to true sub form using %0-%4.

Average #scnt time is now 5! A 45% reduction. Those with good conns will get even better time by changing the %questwait.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Sliem quester - ter mur (FASTEST way to queens forge access)
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
Version 6 updated. Added in menu with TONS of calcs. Other than journal scan, this is a wrap. Sure could use some feedback or a tester. Works fine for me on multiple characters/ accounts.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »
I loaded up the appropriate amount of gems/rock and started the script with Sliem next to me.  It opened the EUO menu, asked for my current loyalty, got the quest, and then hung trying to target quest item.  I am trying to determine whether it is brining up the character popup. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »
Your gump sizes are different from mine.  Not sure what the extra category you have is.  Looks like the popup on your toon needs some variability in it.  Here is your sub with mine:

Code: [Select]
sub Toggle_Quest_item
  exevent popup %1
  gosub gumpwait 177_150 normal_gump
  gosub OffsetClick 75 125 ; mark quest item
  while #targcurs = 0
    wait %lagwait
  gosub selectitem %item1
  gosub selectitem %item2
  Key Esc
  if %debug = true
    menu set EUOlabel24 quest items toggled
return
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:57:05 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:11 AM »
interesting. I have been having some odd things lately. My # pixcol is different, now gump sizes? I even did those twice. Did that correct the hangup?

so, it targetted sliem correctly, accepted the quest. That is good, was worried about that.
I have been reading up on exevent popup. I can throw in TM's sub for it, but I never had a problem in testing. Did the pop-up come up?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
Once I changed the gump sizes and the click spot for the gump, it seems to be working find in that routine.

I am also seeing a TON of ghosting.  Pretty much every cycle creates a ghost of the box when it picks up the essence and moves it to my bag. I added a backpack EM17 to eliiminate the ghost, which seems to be working.

Finally, I wonder if it shouldn't just drop one box on the ground and then drop subsequent boxes into that box instead of trying to drop 100+ boxes on different spots.

I will let you know what I see as it runs!

-Mario Andretti

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »
i admit being stumped on the ghosting, as I am using BM's mover. Any ideas or tips?
I had considered and even scripted the stacking in, but removed it. I could not figure out how to switch containers over once it reached 100 (400 stones). Going to read through the heartwood scripter and see ho w TM handles it.

` Edit. Off to work, but already made changes you suggest (changed pop up gump . Holding off release until you are done testing. Thanks for the feedback! I am also going to add in a start button, so you have time to adjust initial wait times. Will see what I can do about the containers.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:31:40 AM by baldielocks »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
This is the container problem...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Sliemed.png

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »
There is also an issue with the counters in the menu.  I have had to start and stop the script a couple of times to free myself from piles of boxes.  When I restart and enter the current loyalty, the menu still starts at zero and gives me the full count of gems/rock to get to 10000. 

I think that the ghosting issue has something to do with the routine that opens the box and pulls the essence out to drop it in your bag.  I have not gone through it line by line, but that is where it happens.

Other than these relatively minor issues, the script is working pretty well.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: