Author Topic: SUO Item Type Database  (Read 5974 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
SUO Item Type Database
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »
So what do we think about this idea?

If we could put together a simple item scanner to get the #property Name, and Item TYPE, maybe color, and have it all save to a text file. Then we just upload the text files and paste them together in a spread sheet, sort them and delete the duplicates. That would give us a "master listing" of items and TYPES on OSI shards.

We could go as far as sorting them into different categories if someone wanted to spent the time doing it.

Two types of scanners could be used.

1 - A "Miffy" item finder that would scan all surrounding containers and keep the info.
2 - A "Runner" that would scan everything visible while moving around.

Thoughts?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SUO Item Type Database
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
Well, remember I already have that World Item Catelogger and a pretty huge database already.  All that really needs to happen is to convert that EasyUO database to something that can be imported into MySQL.  I would have to write a merge script in PHP that would take databases and merge only new information, but then people could submit their information and it could be merged easily.

Lemme dust off the WIC and see if it's ready for people to play with.  Since it's EasyUO, it's rather slow loading in larger databases and does have it's quirks.  I'm almost level 70 in WoW, so a break is in order. :)

I do remember one bug I have to fix that was corrupting the database, so I do have to fix that finally.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:50:37 AM »
I absoultly want to see color added as a column next to the item.   A lot of coders use that often and have to go find it.  I think that would add to the draw.

I think a run around script would be nice if it saved its own database and ignored items once it wrote them... if it scans a deamon and gets FD... then it ignores anything that is FD from every use.  That would help a lot with script getting items fast enough on a run around version and hopefully eliminate a bit of the deleting process.

it would be nice to see the data base searchable by...
name
monsters
tools
animals
resources
etc....

have columns....
item/monster                    Id(s)                        Color

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:56:06 AM »
It would be a great idea to have the scanners ignore items already on the list.

I think the problem is that there are so many item TYPES in the game that the ignore list would grow HUGE and unmanageable in EUO. Not sure about that though.

And formatting will be easy once the data is collected. Data would have to include Name/ID and I think Color would be awesome to include.

If the final output would be categorized, it would have to be done manually by someone very familiar with game items. Most of it would go quickly, but there are some very odd items. I suppose it could be a collective effort, making an UNKNOWN category and have people speak up when they know what it category it should go in.

Would some kind of Wiki work for this? I'm wondering how we incorporate it into SUO?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:12:35 AM »
That's sort of how the WIC works now:

For this example, I've kept an array of "ITK" starting from 0 to whatever.  So it will keep unique creatures/items by name.

Here's a different search for title instead.

Search for items with "MIST" in the name:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:19:03 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:35 AM »
what i would like to see in the database is the item type and the #findCol   that way we can make a comprehensive one.  And you could make a script like miffy's that auto puts it in a txt/html file, but instead puts it to an XML file which you can sometimes convert to a database file.

XML for the win ;)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »
what i would like to see in the database is the item type and the #findCol   that way we can make a comprehensive one.  And you could make a script like miffy's that auto puts it in a txt/html file, but instead puts it to an XML file which you can sometimes convert to a database file.

XML for the win ;)

#FINDCOL is an easy add.

The problem with XML and EasyUO is that you'd have to output each line at a time and file saving would take literally 100 years.  My file save routines cut that into a fraction of the time, but from there you can use a script in PHP, Python to convert the database to whatever format you want.  If you are converting to a format, you might as well just convert it directly to the database instead of having to convert it again after you get it into another format.

It would be rather easy to make some VB/C# helper routines to save items.  I have my old VB ones laying around.  I never used them just because I wanted the scripts to stand alone without any other dependencies.  They're slower, but at least everyone can use them.

What I may do is just put up the WIC for you guys to look at and play with.  I'm sure I don't have much time to work on this but if you guys get some traction regarding content, I'd be glad to host it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:26:20 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:23:42 AM »
A random walker script to run along with this would be pretty awesome.

Have a walker script that would get itself out of spots if it gets stuck. Have some options with it like "take all gates/stairs" or something. You could plant it in the bottom level of a dungeon and let him run for a couple hours, come back and he'd found his way to the exit and logged everything along the way  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 09:27:13 AM »
A random walker script to run along with this would be pretty awesome.

Have a walker script that would get itself out of spots if it gets stuck. Have some options with it like "take all gates/stairs" or something. You could plant it in the bottom level of a dungeon and let him run for a couple hours, come back and he'd found his way to the exit and logged everything along the way  ;D

Would you like fries with your order, Sir? :p
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
LOL actually I think the wander bot would be the easiest to do. Just put in a little "right hand rule" logic and let it go. It "should" find stairs or teleports between levels.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:40 PM »
years ago I helped easyuo put together there item catalog, but that script is long gone.  besides Tm's looks much more advanced, the menu wasn't even available when I wrote my script. had to use the old writetofile.bat

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Sorry for bumping this post a bit but TM you mentioned having an item database, you know what would be really cool? If the IDOC looter prioritized those items based on player value and other factors. Sites like finduo already monitor item prices and availability to keep their sites automated/updated but I'm not sure the same is being done to make sure you focus on the highest value targets at idoc.

When I built my idoc wrecker I knew it was only as good as the list I provided it with and I was doing that manually as I found items I wanted to focus on, a database and value integration would be next. Making it grab rares and EM items first would be good too, if they are there and I don't tell it otherwise. I enjoy working out this type of thing but before I do(eventually) has something like this been done yet?

Gem

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:59 PM »
That database pushed the limits of EUO and really wasn't all that useful.  Hopefully now that I'm spending more time with Stealth, I'll be able to finally start coming up with some really cool new things.  Perhaps once Crome stops refactoring things... :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 05:14:36 AM »
Just a heads up that the itemlist catalog is out of date and missing many types(of everything, not only statuettes, ex: house teleporter tiles) http://www.easyuo.com/itemdb/?search=search

Does anyone have a list of statuette item types handy? If not I'll do the vendor search thing and gather as many as I can later on.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
You very easy can make your own type catalog.. Open fiddler Check Graphics. The Value of a graphic is converted in EUO. There was a converter online for runuo to euo. With this you can convert graphic types from fiddler to euo

Tags: