Author Topic: Tethered Droid VS WWAN  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tethered Droid VS WWAN
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »
Detouring the traffic a little bit anyone have or has used Sprint?  I have an opportunity to try them out and would like some feed back from other people also.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:04:53 AM »
Sprint isn't good here in Cali.  Might be good elsewhere, just not here.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »
No good here either.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
I have Sprint and love it (I work at Radioshack and we have employee plans with Sprint, ATT, & T-Mobile and I like Sprint the best)

Speeds are great (especially in 4G). I have the HTC Hero with CyanogenMod v6 which is Android 2.2 (Froyo). I used to have the official 2.1 SenseUI installed.

It all really depends on where you live. If you're in an urban area, there's a high likelihood you can get 4G from Sprint in which case you get the EVO or the Epic and you'll be amazed! If you're in a rural area, it's not as fast, but still decent. Plus, they're way cheaper than ATT and Verizon especially when you are considering a data plan!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
It all really depends on where you live. If you're in an urban area, there's a high likelihood you can get 4G from Sprint in which case you get the EVO or the Epic and you'll be amazed! If you're in a rural area, it's not as fast, but still decent. Plus, they're way cheaper than ATT and Verizon especially when you are considering a data plan!

This is why i am checking into them because of the data plans. At&T is getting a little out rageous now that i have data plans on all our phones.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 10:45:59 PM »
Yea...on phones, you still have an unlimited cap with Sprint (unlike the 5GB cap on Verizon & ATT)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 05:29:33 AM »
Yea...on phones, you still have an unlimited cap with Sprint (unlike the 5GB cap on Verizon & ATT)

Verizon is still uncapped here in Cali.  Could be my older plan too.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
AT&T here has no cap on it that i know of?  Is the 5gb per month?

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:45 AM »
Yeah, my plan is supposed to by 5gb per month with Verizon, But I'm grandfathered in through alltell. I use about 1 gig a day Lol
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »
AT&T here has no cap on it that i know of?  Is the 5gb per month?

Existing members have no cap, but new plans are capped for AT&T
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
Roger that TM. That is a new one on me. I knew I had an unlimited plan and was like wtc and i misunderstanding something? When
I had internet through parabolic way back in the day. They had a 1gb or .5 gb cap per day after you reached cap then your DL became dial-up speed from then on, which sucked big time.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
Yeah, my plan is supposed to by 5gb per month with Verizon, But I'm grandfathered in through alltell. I use about 1 gig a day Lol

Ya, I should predicate that myself.  I have one of the old original plans before Verizon started to do the *Unlimited thing.  They are also capped at 5GB/month for normal "unlimited" accounts.  But for voice, Verizon was the clear choice for us here in Cali.  It was easier to predict that Sprint wouldn't get signal here than to find places that would.  In fact, I chatted with my sister from Las Vegas to San Diego without loosing her once on my car phone.  Amazing stuff.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 10:42:30 AM »
You are partially correct:

ALL NEW plans have a 5GB cap.

Many plans in the past though were labeled as "Unlimited" but in the fine print said "Unlimited does not mean unreasonable, therefore there is a 5GB cap" (or something to that effect...I forget the exact wording)

If you started a plan more than 2 years ago that said Unlimited, then you probably do have truly unlimited download. Most plans in the past 2 years have had this hidden 5GB cap. It's just that now they come out and say it specifically.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
You are partially correct:
I thought I said that... lol  I'd even take MOSTLY correct.  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Verizon Suxxors