Author Topic: ENs - EUO to LUA Converter written in LUA  (Read 76740 times)

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - EUO to LUA Converter written in LUA
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
Odd issue, but probably me, after the script was converted, and I straightened out all the hanging errors, I was unable to run the first function.  All function definitions are open and more-or-less ready, no libraries to load needed.  When I get to the line with the function to execute, the error says:"attempt to call global 'SS_Var_Config' (a nil value)"

This line reads:
EUO_Result=SS_Var_Config(...)
the function reads:
function SS_Var_Config(...)

Running the function alone in a separate tab works just fine.

I don't know if I can be of any assistance, but even as a learning tool, would it be possible to actually post the function that isn't working correctly?  If not, I understand, but sometimes a new pair of eyes can be of great value, especially if they don't know what is supposed to happen and can possibly see something that just doesn't make sense (hopefully that sentence actually makes sense!). 
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Sure. This is the executing line:
EUO_Result=SS_Var_Config()

and the function to go with it:

Code: [Select]
function SS_Var_Config()
pause()
  Swait=5
  Mwait=10
  Lwait=15
  LLwait=25
  stock=nil
--   Root=C:\
  ScreenMountRefresh=false
  first_run=true
  IdocLib=nil
  EmptyIdocLib=nil
  homes_marked=0
  spellbook=MPF_ZMF
  HKVar= hotkey
  moongates=OTF_NTF_QTF_PTF_AUF_KEF_JEF_EEF_DEF_GEF_
--   Run_facet=
  MarkHomes=true
  first_mark=true
  Emptyrbooks=0
  Idocbooks=0
  homecnt=0
 --  housestatus=
  Idocsfound=0
  Grtlysfound=0
  laps=0
  doors=NJC_PJC_ZOC_XOC_XMC_ZMC_HQC_JQC_
  allmounts=HNO_GKM_YFO_NRM_ZNO_KJO_FJM_RJM_NNO_SJR_MJR_CG_JG_ZGB_SF_MG_SG_OF_EG_QC_KG_WJ_JJ_HMB_SH_TJ_UJ_SC_HH_YJ
  ethies=HNO_GKM_YFO_NRM_ZNO_KJO_FJM_RJM_NNO_SJR_MJR_CWO_MJR
  Corpsetype=YFM_FEX_QEX_
  wait_to_stock=nil
  EvenSlots='2_4_6_8_10_12_14_16_'
  regs=KUF_KZF_JUF_MZF_JZF_WZF_RZF_SZF_
  securetypes=CKF_UXM_TXM_AUD_CUD_HKF_SPF_GRL_FRL_KUD_LKF_HIF_IKF_VNF_PNF_ZJF_ELN_KIF_WMF_UMF_BUD_EIR_VMF_
  instrument=OQF_LQF_KRF_PRF_QRF_MQF_PGP_RPS_NRF_RGP_
  rscrolls=WTL
--   rbooklibrary=
  rnbkrechrglib=nil
  MSLrbook=nil
--  Lhealerlocs=
  healercnt=0
  shrinetypes=ZC_AD_TC_UC_
  Null_BPitems=FIM_AIM_ZHM_KDM_JDM_YDM_LDM_WDM_VDM_ODM_CIM_BIM_NDM_XDM_SDM_RDM_
  housesigns=AKE_ALE_ARE_AOE_CRE_CKE_COE_CLE_EKE_ERE_ELE_EOE_GNE_GRE_GLE_GOE_GKE_INE_ILE_IKE_IRE_IOE_KOE_KLE_KRE_KKE_MOE_MRE_MKE_MLE_MLK_OLE_ONE_OJE_OKE_QNE_QJE_QKE_QLE_SME_SLE_SNE_SJE_SKE_ULE_UKE_UNE_UJE_WJE_WNE_WKE_WLE_YJE_YNE_YLE_YKE_YQE_
  PrvtHm="This Is A Private Home"
  slot=100+( charslot*40)
  ParaCastingMobs=SKM_HIO_ZIO_YIO_JKM_VJM_LGO_GGO_IOO_QKM
  username='********'
  Bandaidtype=ZLF
  Lorable=RQM_CRM_BRM_YQM_ARM_CJO_BJO_EJO_AJO_UDY_XQM_GKM_ZQM_PKM_IJO_MKM_HKM_OKM_FKO_SFO_DRM_XPM_UQM_SQM_XJM_IKM_YPM_KKM_PQM_GQM_PIO_EQM_YPM_VJO_EIO_FKM_LGO_RIO_ERM_XFO_IGO_HGO_KGO_JGO_QFO_LKM_WPM_HIO_DKM_GIO_SKM_KOO_NKM_LJO_XOO_IOO_JIO_PRM_BKO_NRM_CKO_ENO_DNO_YMO_ZIM_VJM_JKM_FQM_GGO_FGO_QGO_PGO_SGO_RGO_MGO_GZ_MG_PG_QE_SF_BE0
--return
end 

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
OK, I might be looking at this wrong, but your calling line is assigning the value of the function SS_Var_Config() to the variable EUO_Result.  However, as I believe you stated, SS_Var_Config() doesn't return a value (and my viewing of the code indicated this as well), so EUO_Result would receive a value of 'nil' (and it did when I ran the function as a test script myself - I did have to assign a numeric value to charslot, but that was trivial to make the function complete).  Anyway, the error message seems to reflect this with EUO_Result being 'nil'; so, does this simply need to be called as follows:
SS_Var_Config()rather than as:
?

Also, the test code I used to get the 'nil' result was this:
charslot=1
test=SS_Var_Config()
print(test)

Edit: I ran a test with the following code and it ended with the printed message:
charslot=1
SS_Var_Config()
print('Done!!!')
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:25:47 PM by Dixie Wrecked »
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
Running that function alone is indeed fine, with charslot assigned anything but nil. I'm finding that there's something else in the script body that's causing a ruckus. There's no way I'll consider posting the script anywhere, but to get an idea of what it is, check out my sig and look at what the WIT script is.

Anyhows.. the layout of my script is as follows:

function huh()
function what()
function where()
function SS_Var_Config()  <-- the one in question
function other()
function this()
function that()

All the functions preceding the SS_Var_Config are NOT commented out. All the function following SS_VAR_Config ARE commented out. The issue is somewhere after the actual "function SS_Var_Config()" and before the "EUO_Result=SS_Var_Config()". ..but where I'm not sure yet.

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
I completely understand about not posting the full script, and that was before knowing all that the WIT could actually do (the name itself gave me that info, but the extras in just the opening paragraphs really does make it an amazing script!). 

I tested the function by calling is as either
--or
SS_Var_Config()
and they both executed fine.  I also tried printing a bunch of the variables and only the numeric ones would print, due to the rest assigning EUO itemtypes instead of OEUO types (they all returned 'nil' as their values), so I am wondering if all of the variables getting old values assigned to them rather than OEUO's numbers might be causing a problem as well?
- karrde

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
Well, for some reason, I hammered through the remaining commented functions, straightened out the remaining "end expected to close function at line **" errors, and all is well so far, minus what you are pointing out Dixie.

I must admit, I'm impressed and grateful for your 'jumping in' and helping with OEUO debugging for many script across this forum. I hope you remain on board with us here at SUO, your input is, imo, invaluable!

By the way, your name reminds me of a Howard Stern bit! hehe.

Rep to you sir!

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
Thank you much!!!  I hope that the EUO id types are the problem, so that you'll be able to progress with the rest of the script.  And I am glad that I can "finally" be a part of a scripting community and plan on being here for the long haul.  I also like that I can actually contribute more now, whether debugging or actual script writing, since it seemed almost everything was already written for EUO, besides the massive projects like your WIT, but with so few public OEUO scripts actually existing right now, I am hoping to be able to contribute, including hopefully have a holiday gift gatherer (that uses your logging script!) ready for release before the 13th anniversary gifts come out (long, setup-intensive version is complete, but another version for people with the same number of characters on all shards and accounts will also be written, which will be pretty much plug-and-play after entering account name and password info). 

As for my name, I wouldn't be surprised if it's been used on Howard Stern, although I have occassionally used it since the early 90s (a friend used to wear a shirt with "My" in front of the name whenever he played gigs); I also like how some people think I am female because the name does have a feminine ring to it, or at least the first name does!

Anyway, I better be heading to bed, but I hope to be of much greater service in the coming weeks and available to test, debug, or attempt to break any script there is, as well as even publish some of my own in the very near future!!! 

Oh yeah, I might as well ask it here...does anyone have an easy script for finding items that I can review to try understanding how it works in oEUO?  I've been looking at it off and on, and whenever I think I understand it, I have to stop reading and start all over, so I'm not sure on how actually use all of what it scans?  And as I am sure there are multiple ways to do it correctly, if there is any difference (or possibility) to only scan for one item or types (such as a specific plant type or types on the ground) as opposed to scanning everything on the screen and/or ground, I'd love to see how it seems best to do either or both of them.  Any help on this is greatly appreciated and I'm sure would go a long way to helping me to write and/or convert some of my existing scripts!
- karrde

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »
I wish I had a bit more time to play around with this, EN.  I'm still taking a break from OEUO and I'm gonna be headed to Germany for two weeks coming up pretty soon, so I won't have much time.  Hopefully you'll get it to a point soon where we can play with it ourselves.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:39 AM »
I wish I had a bit more time to play around with this, EN.  I'm still taking a break from OEUO and I'm gonna be headed to Germany for two weeks coming up pretty soon, so I won't have much time.  Hopefully you'll get it to a point soon where we can play with it ourselves.  ;)

Yea hopefully .. but i would be doing people a disservice releasing it when it doesnt produce accurate translations.  Every time i think im getting close to a release i realize ive created some new issues to address the list although much reduced is still significant.. leaving the hardest issues for last... I also dont like some of the bits of code ive done to get this far... i perhaps should have analysed better before jumping right inthier lol.  But it is moving formaward  '*' vars are now handeled.

EDIT: Dixie W... if your script isnt ready for the gifts.. and EUO still works can always use my charactertoolbox script... it does all that and more.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:16:01 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »
EDIT: Dixie W... if your script isnt ready for the gifts.. and EUO still works can always use my charactertoolbox script... it does all that and more.

Thanks, EN.  I actually have a working version for gathering gifts in EUO (basically a hacked-up BOD collecting script that has a lot of gotos, at the very least), but I am hoping to finish an oEUO version (which I think is done, but I wanted to test a couple things with it before releasing it for further testing and hopefully some much needed improvements).  I will have to check the charactertoolbox out though, as I didn't realize it could be used for more than just creating characters, and it might even help me learn a little more just by looking at the code (even though it's for EUO rather than oEUO, but every bit helps!).
- karrde

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 11:10:20 AM »
OK, here is a short script that I had written for moving the small pieces of blackrock into a bag for chopping it later on (since it doesn't decay and takes up so many lockdowns if I don't keep on top of it with up to 3 miners running at a time!).  Anyway, the script is rather simple, but includes a couple things that I am still trying to learn, so hopefully the conversion can help me learn a few things rather quickly.  Thanks for your help!!!

display ok please target your source container
set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
  wait 0
set %source_bag #ltargetid

display ok please target your bag to be karate chopped!
set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
  wait 0
set %target_bag #ltargetid

set %move UVF_EWF_FWF_GWF

finditem %move c_ , %source_bag
for #findindex 1 #findcnt
   {
   exevent drag #findid
   wait 10
   exevent dropc %target_bag
   wait 10
   }

display ok DONE!!!

halt
- karrde

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
found an interesting lua slowdown.

Processing SS script went from 15mins .. to 15seconds... very strange .. to do with referencing nil values in a table.. a simple if prior checking for nil values fixed it (i had presumed if didnt exist would return nil thus not meeting condition with it did but took ages to do so).  

It took me ages to disover this logic flaw
offending code
 if tEUO[LineOn].Words[1] == '+' thenfix
 if table.maxn(tEUO[LineOn].Words) > 0 then
     if tEUO[LineOn].Words[1] == '+' then
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
OK, here is a short script that I had written for moving the small pieces of blackrock into a bag for chopping it later on (since it doesn't decay and takes up so many lockdowns if I don't keep on top of it with up to 3 miners running at a time!).  Anyway, the script is rather simple, but includes a couple things that I am still trying to learn, so hopefully the conversion can help me learn a few things rather quickly.  Thanks for your help!!!

display ok please target your source container
set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
  wait 0
set %source_bag #ltargetid

display ok please target your bag to be karate chopped!
set #targcurs 1
while #targcurs = 1
  wait 0
set %target_bag #ltargetid

set %move UVF_EWF_FWF_GWF

finditem %move c_ , %source_bag
for #findindex 1 #findcnt
   {
   exevent drag #findid
   wait 10
   exevent dropc %target_bag
   wait 10
   }

display ok DONE!!!

halt

Converted code (needs unreleased library file - not finished)

dofile('ENs_EUOCommandLibrary.lua')

EUO_DisplayResult=EUO_Display("ok","please target your source container")
UO.TargCurs=1
while UO.TargCurs== 1 do
  Wait(0 * 50) -- Converted to Milliseconds
  end -- for while
g_source_bag=UO.LTargetID

EUO_DisplayResult=EUO_Display("ok","please target your bag to be karate chopped!")
UO.TargCurs=1
while UO.TargCurs== 1 do
  Wait(0 * 50) -- Converted to Milliseconds
  end -- for while
g_target_bag=UO.LTargetID

g_move='UVF_EWF_FWF_GWF'

EUO_FindItem(g_move,'c_,',g_source_bag)
for EUO_FindIndex=1,EUO_FindCnt do
   UO.Drag(EUO_Find[EUO_FindIndex].ID)
   Wait(10 * 50) -- Converted to Milliseconds
   UO.Dropc(g_target_bag)
   Wait(10 * 50) -- Converted to Milliseconds
   end

EUO_DisplayResult=EUO_Display("ok","DONE!!!")

stop()

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:44:58 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »
Have you taken a stab at the math functions yet? Reason I ask is that in the example script, the wait time is converted to milliseconds. All good and all, but, the actual arithmetic results in a zero amount. 

Another thing about using the wait command, when oeuo comes to the line and it's spelled: Wait(100), the script will assume there is a function to go to. Reason being, the word 'Wait' is capitalized. I found that out after about 30 minutes of banging my head the other night. 'Wait(100)' will not work as a genuine wait command, 'wait(100)' will though.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »
Have you taken a stab at the math functions yet? Reason I ask is that in the example script, the wait time is converted to milliseconds. All good and all, but, the actual arithmetic results in a zero amount. 

Another thing about using the wait command, when oeuo comes to the line and it's spelled: Wait(100), the script will assume there is a function to go to. Reason being, the word 'Wait' is capitalized. I found that out after about 30 minutes of banging my head the other night. 'Wait(100)' will not work as a genuine wait command, 'wait(100)' will though.

well the wait time resulting in zero is converted exactly as it should be... note the original script has wait times of 0.

Good catch on the Wait wait ... if corrected that all future conversion will have a fixed wait.  Capitization is one of the annoying things about lua .. ive made more mistakes on that than anything else i think.

Tags: