Author Topic: Script OEU?  (Read 5741 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Script OEU?
« on: January 06, 2011, 05:24:13 AM »
TM, any thoughts of making a programmer's interface for Open EUO? Or is it too soon to even consider starting (or adapting the SUO project) one for OEUO?

I think it would be immensely helpful in aiding script writers who are learning OEUO. Seeing commands and such colored and having syntax checking would be awesome.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Script OEU?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:23 AM »
I already have a version that does Lua context highlighting as well as running basic Lua scripts.  Problem is being able to link into the DLLs that Cheffe supplies.  Since the spin of Lua that Cheffe creates also limits the ability to run external DLLs, "OpenEUO" isn't all that open when it comes to external tools like ScriptUO for Lua.  I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I got frustrated during my first working session.  I really don't want to supply my own spin of Lua in order to get around the limitations because I do want to promote the existing safeguards that are the intended reasons for the existing limitations.

You can see a screenshot of the ScriptUO for Lua version somewhere in the Elite section.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Script OEU?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
BTW, here's a link to the ScriptUO for Lua screenshot.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=5845.msg49490#msg49490
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: