Author Topic: LAME 3.0 - Le (semi)Automated Mob Eradicator  (Read 90147 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: LAME 1.0 (seriously)
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »
+1
Being as you only check the buffbar icons in one spot for one thing i would change your code as below so for people who are not doing eoo you dont bother check

Code: [Select]
     if ( %castEOO = #true )
        {
        Call ScanBuffBar
         if  _EnemyOfOne_ notin %BuffBarIconNames
             gosub enemyOfOne
        }

Of course if you plan on using detecting/reacting to other buffbar icons... then your initial way is probably best

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
Re: LAME 1.0 (seriously)
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »
+1
Being as you only check the buffbar icons in one spot for one thing i would change your code as below so for people who are not doing eoo you dont bother check

if ( %castEOO = #true )
        {
        Call ScanBuffBar
         if  _EnemyOfOne_ notin %BuffBarIconNames
             gosub enemyOfOne
        }

Of course if you plan on using detecting/reacting to other buffbar icons... then your initial way is probably best

Ooh! Compacting the run time! I love it! I will change this :D

I have been lookin for more things to detect with your scanner, was debating doing a trapped box popper in it also, since most sampires either run with no resist, or high enough resist to negate most of the mana drain effect (like 80) and paralyze is still an issue, however being a pvper, I'd think that could be misused >_>... So i'm still debating it.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
Re: LAME 1.2 (seriously)
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 07:56:52 AM »
+1
I ended up just rewriting the whole sub instead with a check to see if EOO is selected, and if it is, it jumps to the sub and scans the bar. I'm not sure how to tell, but would this effect runtime negatively? I don't think it would, just from common logic.

sub enemyOfOne
    Call ScanBuffBar
    if _EnemyOfOne_ notin %BuffBarIconNames
       {
       event macro 15 206
       wait 25
       }
    wait 5
return

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
+1
Something you'll have to learn as you build this script is how to utilize timers instead of waits.

While you are waiting, your script isn't doing anything. If you have a "wait 25" after casting a spell to ensure you don't cast two things too closely together you could use a timer set to 25 instead. That way the script continues and you'd be able to do a lightning strike for example, while the spell timer still hasn't met it's limit yet.

A common way of doing this would be to create a variable called "%spell_timer".

Just set the timer to #sCnt2 at the beginning of the script so the first time it checks #sCnt2 will be greater then the timer.

set %spell_timer #sCnt2

sub enemyOfOne
    Call ScanBuffBar
    if _EnemyOfOne_ notin %BuffBarIconNames && %spell_timer < #sCnt2
       {
       event macro 15 206
       set %spell_timer ( #sCnt2 + 25 )
       }
    wait 5
return

See how the script will continue instead of waiting that 25 in the sub now? And if you have other things casting just have it check the %spell_timer as well so you don't overcast.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:40:23 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 09:13:47 AM »
+1
Something you'll have to learn as you build this script is how to utilize timers instead of waits.

While you are waiting, your script isn't doing anything. If you have a "wait 25" after casting a spell to ensure you don't cast two things too closely together you could use a timer set to 25 instead. That way the script continues and you'd be able to do a lightning strike for example, while the spell timer still hasn't met it's limit yet.

A common way of doing this would be to create a variable called "%spell_timer".

Just set the timer to #sCnt2 at the beginning of the script so the first time it checks #sCnt2 will be greater then the timer.

set %spell_timer #sCnt2

sub enemyOfOne
    Call ScanBuffBar
    if _EnemyOfOne_ notin %BuffBarIconNames && %spell_timer < #sCnt2
       {
       event macro 15 206
       set %spell_timer ( #sCnt2 + 25 )
       }
    wait 5
return

See how the script will continue instead of waiting that 25 in the sub now? And if you have other things casting just have it check the %spell_timer as well so you don't overcast.

Oh! Kinda like how I had the timers setup originally, interesting... Thank you!
I'm gonna play around with this abit ^^

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
+1
Also, reset the %buffbariconnames variable to empty on every loop of your script so it's more accurate.  You'll have problems with detecting things more than once otherwise.  So at the bottom of your main loop put set %buffbariconnames n/a or to blank so it has to repopulate it on the next scan.  And it's probly a good idea to set a timer for scanning the buff bar, don't put it in the EOO sub.  Make it a seperate sub and scan it every half second, to a second, so you're not wasting time doing it every loop of the script.  You only need to scan the bar once every half second to a full second for it to be accurate and timely. :)

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
+1
I tried this script at both spawns (worked beautiful except for EEO) and at Medusa (worked beautifully except for EEO.

EEO keeps casting over and over. Will try it again tonight or tomorrow to see if I can isolate the issue

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
+1
I tried this script at both spawns (worked beautiful except for EEO) and at Medusa (worked beautifully except for EEO.

EEO keeps casting over and over. Will try it again tonight or tomorrow to see if I can isolate the issue

Interesting... And you're able to cast EOO right? Have Chiv points? Have the  buff bar open and nothing covering up the EOO spell icon?

I will check this out aswell.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 05:11:38 AM »
+1
Confirmed. Buff bar open, nothing covering it (1st thing I checked actually). Plenty of tithing and am capable of casting. I didn't get a chance to check it last night. Will do it tonight and report back. Likely just a DAS maneuver on my part.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
+1
To Eliminate the scanbuffbar subs from your issue
a) Try changing  _EnemyOfOne_  to EnemyOfOne_  Wondering if i droped leading _ dont thin i did
b) add line 'display ok  %BuffBarIconNames'  to see what the scanbuffbar is returning. right after call scanduffbar
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
+1
script is looking and working good so far mate only one complaint on death you have to restart the script go back through set up

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2011, 04:56:55 AM »
+1
Agreed..I fixed my DAS move on the EEO issue and it has been working very well. The full reset on death is not the best of all situations.

Offline b@ndito

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:36 AM »
+1
as a first script nice work, clear and reliable writing style :)

in sub dead you could put a call to this snippet taken from raziel:

sub logout
namespace push
namespace local logout
logout:
;gosub connectionlost
set !timeOut #scnt + 5
event macro 8 1
wait 20
waitpaperdoll:
if #scnt > !timeOut
    goto logout
if #contname <> paperdoll_gump
    goto waitpaperdoll
contpos #clixres 0
wait 20
_waitConfirm:
set !timeOut #scnt + 3
set !paperDollX #clixres + 210
click !paperDollX 110
waitlogout:
if #scnt > !timeOut
    goto _waitConfirm
if #contname <> YesNo_gump
    goto waitlogout
set !x #contposx + 120
set !y #contposy + 90
_quit:
click !x !y
set !timeOut #scnt + 20
_waitlogout:
if #scnt > !timeout
    goto quit
if #contname <> MainMenu_gump
    goto _waitlogout
namespace pop
return

this works for freeshards and think it's the same on official servers: logging out while dead makes the mount disappear and not let it to be killed by enemies.
basically if you gosub logout into your 'dead' sub you can keep the mount alive...

sub Dead

menu Window Color Gray

while #charghost = yes

[b] gosub logout
[/b]

menu Window Color Black

[b]  pause
[/b]

return

also is better to pause the script instead halt, that way users can restart the script without setting it up again. just warn users of it and would be cool ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:30:11 AM by b@ndito »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:24 AM »
+1
Every one who doesnt want the script to halt after death just needs to remove the halt line in the dead sub.

sub Dead
  menu Window Color Gray
  while #charghost = yes
       wait 10
  menu Window Color Black
  halt       ; remove this
return

But its generally good practice for a script not to end on death as some of us die an awfullot.

But congrats on the success of your first script

A note on your instructions... people should download and place the scanbuffbar.txt file in the same folder as EUO.exe
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:12:54 AM by Endless Night »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »
+1
Every one who doesnt want the script to halt after death just needs to remove the halt line in the dead sub.

sub Dead
  menu Window Color Gray
  while #charghost = yes
       wait 10
  menu Window Color Black
  halt       ; remove this
return

But its generally good practice for a script not to end on death as some of us die an awfullot.

But congrats on the success of your first script

A note on your instructions... people should download and place the scanbuffbar.txt file in the same folder as EUO.exe

Egads! That actually shouldn't be there! Dunno what I was thinking not noticing it, heh. Thank you! ^^

Sorry for the elapsed time in being around, school just started back up so I haven been beating my head against a psychology book.

I will amend this immediately! :)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Tags: