Author Topic: Hello From Louisiana!  (Read 2569 times)

Offline marknessTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • markness has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello From Louisiana!
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
Greetings everyone!  Long time player, first time server owner!  Just got a server up and running with Sphere and everything seems to be in order, now I just need stuff to populate my rather desolate map!  I'm hoping to use this thread to introduce myself and get pointed in the right direction!

I've never scripted before, and it's become apparent that I'm going to have to learn to do this, so I'd like to know where to get started.  And the quicker I can get going the better, as my friends whom I'm introducing UO to with this server aren't very patient friends.

Any help getting started populating my desolate map with items, mobs, quests, NPC's and the like would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Mark

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From Louisiana!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
Welcome to the site and good luck with the server!   See you on the boards!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »
The only experience I have is with RunUO, and a bit of C# scripting.  I learned enough to know it was going to be a full time job creating a world, so I have great respect for those who pull it off successfully.  Welcome and good luck with your project.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
welcome

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 06:03:56 AM »
Welcome

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »
Welcome and good luck!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 06:37:34 AM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
Welcome to the site and as always if you get to looking for some information. The search button is your friend !!

Tags: