Author Topic: Has Anyone Written a Pathfind Sub that can do so while stealthing?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I realize that you can simply take control of the Mouse and control it's distance from your character to insure you will always walk, but I like to run stuff completely in the backround & wondered if anyone had done something like this.    I know BadManiacs Automagic one computes "Midway" segments in a longer route & figure this would be the proper way to go about it (taking into account stealth steps based on skills etc) ...

Anyway...   Just curious if one exists... I've tinkered with my own and have something that works but it's not as elegant as it should be yet lol.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
If its a set rail and doesn't need much random movement just use move. It can be a bitch, but its your best bet :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Yeah.. Move is the easy way to do it for sure...  Currently I have it check to see if my Computer is in "Sleep Mode" meaning my mouse cursor hasn't moved in 2 minutes & if that's the case it repositions @ center of screen pathfinds (only distances that I can do stealthed) to destination...  If I move the mouse cursor it just times out and waits etc..
I was more curious if someone HAD done it etc.. but maybe I'll peak at BM's Sub that breaks ups longer routes etc.. though I do know he used Tile Scanning for determining Valid move spots so I kinda wanted to stay away from that since it doesn't work in Ter Mur correctly..   

Anyway ....

Offline BadManiac

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Put the mouse cursor in the center of the UO play window.
Call my pathfinding sub

Done.

As long as your mouse cursor is in the center of the screen, your character will walk, and stealth. Unless event pathfind cancels stealth? I haven't tested.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
Its just better to use move whenever you feel like stealthing.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
ManWInc Said:
Its just better to use move whenever you feel like stealthing.

Not better.. EASIER yes... but not better heh....  Well let me amend that.   It's not better with the Subs I have lol.   Perhaps if you could mimic the pathfinding logic and simply use MOVE commands once you determined the locations then it would work, but I was specifically thinking of some Rails I have that allow the character to go off on tangents & then return to the rail & continue on.  I couldn't do that with simply move.   The other half about using BM's auto magic sub is great if I want to have to leave my mouse cursor in the center of the screen, but i often set something running & then browse a webpage etc.. Granted what he said totally works, but thats why i started this thread anyway.  I was just wondering if EVERYONE was doing it in the ways mentioned or if some sneaky someone had the Next evolution .. that's all.
Actually... something that just occurred to me.  Is there any item / form that forces WALK speed anymore?  I know Reaper / stone form USED to but they changed that.  I'm game for ANY easy method to insure I stay stealthed that doesn't require my mouse in the center of the screen heh.

Thx though.

Scrripty

I know a way.  But I dont like you. :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Of course we have the next evolution. But, so long as you count move out entirely you will never discover it.
Move has a timeout for if said move fails to accomplish the task, that's when pathfinding kicks in. And if you follow a pathfind by a move you can take a few steps running, then move will shift you back to walking. I used this system for a stealthing minotaur arti farmer.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hmmm....  *pulls up Documentation on move..*

So... if your going to move from A --> B --> C --> D
You can breakup each segment into shorter pc's if it's too long to stealth between & use Move to navigate between those pc's.  If Any given Move times out without success you simply perform a pathfind that navigates it instead and then return to using Moves....  Or at least I can see something akin to that functioning....

My real question is how you dealt with that silly pheonix in the labrynth lol... or did you simply Not Rail out when collecting the Vases for the Gamon Horn strongbox quest? I always had to just run something that stayed in the Vase spawn area heh..  (and those silly Cauldrons are so heavy that you really can't carry many but they still needed to be moved outside the spawn area or they would stop the smaller ones from spawning)...

@ Twinkle McNugget...
But I dont like you.  
  That's ok Twinkle McNugget.  I was simply trying to explain a few misconceptions you'd posted about protection... but we've been there done that no need to re-hash...  I mean.. I could come fight for fun too heh.

Edit by Toptwo (removed guild name)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:27:56 PM by Toptwo »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Toon was a ninja stealther, would use a smokebomb if revealed. and I don't think the pheonix's area effect was enough to reveal you at 120 stealthing 100 hiding....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Scrripty

Re: Has Anyone Written a Pathfind Sub that can do so while stealthing?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »
@ Twinkle McNugget...
But I dont like you. 
   That's ok Twinkle McNugget.  I was simply trying to explain a few misconceptions I'd posted about protection... but we've been there done that no need to re-hash...  I mean.. I could come fight YOUR GUILD for fun too heh.

Considering I'm the only one in my guild who fights really, have at it.  Just let me know.

Tags: