Author Topic: Hello from Czechia  (Read 867 times)

Offline WolvikTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wolvik has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello from Czechia
« on: January 04, 2024, 11:27:26 PM »
Hello,
iam 39 year old father, who have UO in his life from his teenage years. I recently switched to Orion UO and looking for inspiration here. CUrrently playing on unofficial shard i help creating 20 years ago! Cheers and have a good Pilsner beer on me.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Czechia
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 07:54:47 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 08:40:54 AM »
Ok so you want more? Lets give you more! I started with UO when I was 14. Unofficial czech shard running on old sphere client. I was mighty warrior! In the time I used to say that casting spells is for weaklings :-D About 4 years later I was given chance to be part of creating new world based on boooks by R.E. Fiest with custom map of Midkemia and RP elements. I was main builder, so my job was to create towns, farms etc. I think we did good job, I used to play there also, this time as craft. Unfortunately this project was closed around 2005. Then all big MMOs came WOW, EVE, Guildwars, name it, I tried them all. About 2 years ago a friend of mine told me, that they are reviving Midkemia project with new features, systems, exp system and so much more. I didnt take part as GM this time, but Iam playing till this day as Elf Healer and Souldrinker. Midkemia have specific proffesion rather then open skillcap. Elf healer have some magery support spells and spellweaving and lite bit of archery. Souldrinker is Fencing style necromancer with debuffs and curses. During the years in MMOs i got fond of healer class, co I usually main them. UO is the only MMO I like to return to, amybe becouse it was my first and creators are still developing it. And btw. I hate 3D version, old 2D for the win!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 01:52:44 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 03:14:48 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Nice update! That shard sound nice, doesn't sound like an English speaking shard. I am interested in checking it out though.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 11:00:58 PM »
Thanks for accepting :-) Iam afraid is CZ tho many people speak English. Unfortunately theres massive text entry rules test at the begining and Iam not sure you get past it :-D ;-)

Tags: