Poll

Do you think removing the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 is a good idea?

No
10 (100%)
Yes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: POLL: Regarding Apples upcoming new iPhone 7  (Read 8395 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
POLL: Regarding Apples upcoming new iPhone 7
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:09:54 AM »
Please comment when you vote.  I don't have a horse in this race because I don't own an Apple product, but I do revel in Apple's apparent apathy for its user-base.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: POLL: Regarding Apples upcoming new iPhone 7
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:23:21 AM »
I am not an apple user, but having to buy an accessory like a bluetooth device just to listen to music is crazy.  I know many people who like to run and listen to music and use the cheap $4 headset to do so.  No need to buy a $30 bluetooth headset just so you can listen to music from your phone. Bluetooth also requires batteries whereas a plug does not.  I can also plug my phone into my stereo and computer speakers and listen to music.  I think they will lose out on alot, unless they are trying to bring back the iPOD or something....
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:52 AM »
Or they are talking about a dongle that you can plug your headphones into.  Either way, that's a whole other little object that my Mom can flush down the toilet!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
Almost everyone has headphones already... and alot of us probably have expensive headphones.     I can understand from Apples side its good marketing .. sell the headphones with phone because people who buy into the apple mantra will just splash out ..... but from a end user stand point way to give the end user the shaft.  Apples saves < $1 in manufacturing costs + gains extra $150+ in headphones sales profit  (people by the beats a $20 product for $199 dont they ??) .. win win for them.  

But poor apple devotes,  now they have to carry  2 sets of headphones onto the airplane... one for their phone and one to watch a movie with decent sound..  :(

I don't use apple products, and i don't drink the coolaid either...    

Beats - Material cost $16 ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-einstein/we-took-apart-some-beats-headphones_b_7639618.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_584160&
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:01:23 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
Beats - Material cost $16 ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-einstein/we-took-apart-some-beats-headphones_b_7639618.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_584160&

And Beats was bought by what large heartless company?  Hmmmmm.....

For me, this is just another TOTALLY predictable move by Apple.  How so many people can be so devoted to them after all these years of forced-acceptance of drastic changes just boggles my mind.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:34:27 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
stupid!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:47 PM »
This is just one type of headphone I own:
http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones/se-earphones/se535-sound-isolating-earphones

Imaging what that'll cost once it's been engineered by Apple and re-branded for Apple-level profit!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
I do own an I-touch 64G from 2010.  This is the only experience I have with Apple and I have a better taste as a user.   I love to control my own device not the other way around.   

It seen that ppl love apple for the apps , option and gadget that come with it.  Friend of mine just swear on appple.   Let said that we don't talk electronic often :) 

I-Pod cost to much, a good MP3 only cost $20. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »
Bluetooth interferes with some routers... Stupid Idea.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 12:42:17 PM »
Bluetooth interferes with some routers... Stupid Idea.

Yet Apple doesn't really care about the users, and never-ever go against the Apple Orthodoxy!  Your product will be culled.  Have no fear, Apple knows what you want, trust them.....  Really....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline valen2.0

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 04:19:25 AM »
+1
Ill admit when I go for a run I use bluetooth headphones but that is just because the ones i have for running stick to my head so they wont fall out. It seems odd to just use bluetooth headphones.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »
Brilliant:

Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: