Author Topic: Soloing the Slasher of Veils  (Read 6639 times)

Offline PueblesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Soloing the Slasher of Veils
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
Months ago I was told by a guy in-game that he could solo the SoV. I have also seen several YouTube videos indicating the same. So, I set out to create a character to do this. I am on a dead shard with very few people available but I like to fight tough monsters.

I use a Chiv/Disco/Thrower with some very good armor and a ton of pots. With EEO, Agility and Strength potions, and consecrate weapon I average 77 points of damage per 1.2 seconds. My template is Disco 120, Musci 120, Throwing 120, Anatomy 102.5, Chivalry 92.5, Tactics 100, Resist 120. Str 141, Health 143, Dex 134, Stam 156, Int 11, Mana 41. Stamina regen 7, Mana regen 11, Hit regen 2. HCI 40, DCI 34, DI 60.

I have successfully soloed the SoV about ten times. I have killed the SoV dozens of times with one other person (Mystic/mage). Here are my questions:

How long does it take to solo the SoV?
According to the guy in-game...who is never available to let me see him do it....he takes 20 minutes to kill the SoV and never dies. According to the YouTube video it takes 16 minutes....the video is edited for time, never shows the SoV freezing the character, and the character never dies. I'm gonna have to call bullshit on both claims. It takes me 80 minutes to kill the SoV because every death takes time to rez and reset. I could probably kill the SoV myself in 40 minutes if I never died. So, not only do these guys never die, they do twice the damage I do.

How can I avoid dying to the SOV?
I have only died when frozen with fear. This occurrs often in the first half of the SoVs life. In the second half he slows down a lot. Until the recent patch you could drink an invisibility potion while frozen with fear. However, you were often interupted. I do not know if the new patch allows for it, but I could use turkey feathers or invis items, but those are both very limited. So, how do I survive being frozen? The other guy who goes with me has healing and often powers through being attacked while frozen, but I have to have music and discord on my template.

How can I improve my performance?
I can't drop music and disco, can I?
I can't drop resist. I died all the time without it.
Could I replace Chiv with Healing? Lower damage, but power through the freezing.

Offline Sulter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sulter has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Soloing the Slasher of Veils
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »
Have you ever tried bag balling slasher in the round room. He will freeze you but can not get to you to kill you. then stand outside of the room and throw RC's into the room. throwers can hit him also

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:21 AM »
Last time I tried blocking the slasher of veils anywhere, he sucked me to him
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
Haven't tried blocking him....but he does draw you to him now. Was getting on roof with Mystic/mage and throwing RCs. He jumps or he pulls.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »
I know of one spot you can teleport where he wont suck you too him and you can throw 2 Risings on him, but it takes too long to be profitable. I'm not really sure to be honest of why anyone would want to fight him?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 04:41:32 AM »
I thought throwers could have a range of 11, which is outside most monster's range? Or does the pulling-in work from anywhere?

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:27:03 AM »
I know of one spot you can teleport where he wont suck you too him and you can throw 2 Risings on him, but it takes too long to be profitable. I'm not really sure to be honest of why anyone would want to fight him?

Some men just want to watch the slasher burn.

Pride thing?  I just fought a Scalis for nothing. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »
Well, the theory was that we would kill Slasher for a month or so, until we all got a Lavelier. That was for bragging rights, don't really want one myself. BTW, zero so far and 86 Slashers down. Then we would do the Stygian Dragon to get Fallen Mystic Spellbooks. We only did six SDs while bored and disgruntled with the Slasher and have received 3 spellbooks already. Then we would move on to Medusa for the Slither. That's the prize for me.

I use a cyclone which has a shorter range. But, it has a significant speed advantage with minimal damage loss; the damage per second is much higher that with the Soul Glaive which has maximum range. For example, I do approximately 77 damage per 1.2 seconds with cyclone and 110 damage per 2.6 seconds with the soul glaive. I could probably do a swoop and strike with the soul glaive and stay out of range. Perhaps that would help in my protection.

I would really love to find the spot that you do not get pulled from. Manwinc, I could definitely benefit from that. Care to show?

Tags: