Author Topic: Candelabra vacume  (Read 16347 times)

Offline SnoopTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Snoop has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Candelabra vacume
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
+1
Something to pick up all those candelabra's that block your way. 
If you play factions you know what Im talking about. 
get a wooden crate or 4 in your pack and clean them out of the choke point.

Snoop

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
candleabra.txt

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Candelabra vacume
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
+1
Technically using massive quantities is a bannable offense if i'm not mistaken lol, but good idea!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »
+1
Faction strongholds also use bagballs and wooden crates, as well as Candleabras.  Would be great if you added all those 'nasty' items.

Yes, it is illegal and bannable, but by the time the GM shows up (if he does) then the bad people are already long gone...Don't know if GM's can detect who placed what where...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:40 AM »
+1
My understanding is that it's not "illegal" as long as there is a path through the mess.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:49:07 AM »
+1
I have a friend that paged on the behavior and got the you must target the offender message.  The GM did remove enough to stop the crashing in about 20-30 mins but no one gets in trouble because you are not there to target anyone when they are initially placed nor are they able to tell who placed them

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »
+1
You ARE allowed to block faction bases with whatever you like.  You are NOT allowed to "completely" block gates/dungeons/harrys/spawns, whatever, with blocking items.  A one space tile is required at those areas.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »
+1
or just do what all the other "Cheaters" do and mod your client to make those items passable...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »
+1
or just do what all the other "Cheaters" do and mod your client to make those items passable...

those aren't passable in enhanced or on server side so they cannot do that to my knowledge.  the folks i know that run through bag balls boxes and other items cannot pass these.  that is why folks aer using them

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »
+1
hrm.. I'll have to see if I can play around with that then.. I'ved tried playing with the ScriptUO Bot, he's been able to walk through just about everything I through at him...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »
+1
maybe someone didnt add it but i havent seen folks walk through it

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »
+1
Faction strongholds also use bagballs and wooden crates, as well as Candleabras.  Would be great if you added all those 'nasty' items.

Yes, it is illegal and bannable, but by the time the GM shows up (if he does) then the bad people are already long gone...Don't know if GM's can detect who placed what where...

As someone else mentioned, faction strongholds CAN be completely blocked with anything you like.  Pretty much anywhere else in the world you must leave a 1 tile path through the blocking items.  Nothing says that the path has to be straight either... make it a maze, as long as a 1 tile path is unblocked there is nothing illegal about it.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »
+1
It's difficult to ensure that a 1 tile path exists.

We've blocked off Harrowers before using bag balls. We were careful to leave a 1 tile zig zag path through, it took us a LOOOOONG time to get them setup. One of the attacking forces moved a couple of the blocking items so the path was blocked then paged a GM on us. GM showed up and remove ALL of the bag balls.

So those in compliance with the rules (us) were over ruled by those who avoided the rules (them). Not sure what the lesson there is.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »
+1
Good point Cerv... but typically by the time a GM shows up to remove all of the bag balls my group will have finished the harrower, killed the invaders and gone on to do something else lol.  Unless of course the invading guild has a GM in their pocket... which does happen.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »
+1
damn... the hidden Trump card. I've had that happen back in the day.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »
+1
I used to mod my client and candelabras are certainly passable.

Tags: Cadlelabra  grabber