Author Topic: Bush/Parry + Shield Question  (Read 2407 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Bush/Parry + Shield Question
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »
Okay from what I understand, if you have GM parry and start gaining Bushido, your chancec to parry or block a blow move from your shield to your weapon.  Effectivly making your weapon your shield.  At that point your chance to parry or block from a shield becomes low, to like 5%.  Now I did the calc on stratics and if you have a 2 hander at 115 in both your chance to parry is 42%, your chance to parry with a one hander is 37% and a shield is 5%.

2 Hander 42%
1 Hander 37%
Shield 5%

Take 1 Hander and shield and add them together 37+5=42 same as two hander.

I am going to do some tests, but I think us whammys running around with 1 handers and no shield may be hurting us, or at very least we can get extra resists or mods from a shield even if it dont work for parry, you still have your 1 hander.  Im gonna check this out.

Thoughts?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline sheen

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sheen has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bush/Parry + Shield Question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:25:44 AM »
if you use a shield in a bushido template you have only 5% chance!

bushido and parry only works without a shield!

Offline Abyss

• May I buy a "2"?
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Abyss has no influence.
  • RAWR!!!
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 04:44:29 AM »
they don't add. You get the chance as listed. 37 one handed/42 two handed/5 if you hold a shield.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 05:36:42 AM »
Well I have been using a shield in dark fathers and havent noticed a difference at all.  None, zero.  Counter attack is still going off left and right.  Which means a successful parry.  I think it takes the highest, or each gets its own chance, the 1h weapon gets 37% and 5% for the shield.  Its is honestly not making an improvement and its not worse by any means.  I would notice against a dark father.

Gonna do more testing later, but it seems the info on stratics is wrong, or worded wrong.  I am pretty sure it goes like this...

The high you have in both skills, the more your weapon has the chance to parry over your shield and thus your shield loses its chance to parry.  So you can go without a shield with a 1 hander or two hander with a higher percentage.  But having the shield equipped will not effect the percentage of your one hand weapon to parry a blow.

All it states on stratics is that the higher the skill you will lose the chance to parry with a shield.  It dont outright say that using a shield with a one hander that the shield will nullify the 1 hand weapon.  Just that your shield wont parry.  And my current tests and proving my theory to be correct.  Your one hand weapon still parrys.

A better way to test it would be unarmed females in jhelom with a fully repaired one hander and shield.  If the one hander loses durability it proves my theory to be correct.  Mind you, you are not attacking.  I just trained parry on 3 toons and all of them lost durability on weapons cause they all had bush, so I used a rune blade.  Started with 100 durability and it went down at a steady rate.  So that was a 2 hander, now if I test with 1 hander and shield and 1 hander loses durability, while shield is equipped, it just moves parry chance from shield over to weapon.  If both lose durability, its parrying with both.  If only shield loses durability, then 1 hander is not parrying at all.  But, I am willling to bet both will lose durability and thus will put my theory to the correct realm.  :)

More tests later today.
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »
Well it would seem that it was all in my head.  I am dropping parry from templates that can use other things, I will use confidence or evasion instead of counter attack.
Coragin

My Facebook

Tags: