Author Topic: Communication between EUO and OEUO  (Read 5777 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Communication between EUO and OEUO
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
Is there any? Communication between the two I mean...

So like you could run a rail with OEUO and a looter with EUO... have OEUO pause until EUO finishes looting, then carry on.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Communication between EUO and OEUO
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:44 AM »
Is there any? Communication between the two I mean...

So like you could run a rail with OEUO and a looter with EUO... have OEUO pause until EUO finishes looting, then carry on.
I think you could write maybe one, but it would be stupid to use.
I dont know if Openuo can write registry variables then you could communicate via *variables in euo and some variables in openuo.
else if Fileaccess would be possible to write a small line, and looter can scan that line and rewrite answer.
Other Idea would be a Communicator via Exevent Sysmessages. Like Openuo send an Sysmessage and Easyuo catch and when easyuo is done sending back a message and this kicks out a infinite while loop in openuo.
The Question is, is it useful?
Or better, does it would help?
Or wouldnt it be better to spend some more times and translate your Easyuo Looter in OpenUO and use Openuo only.

Crome

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
My thoughts on the usefulness would be in adapting over to OEUO.

Example... Currently running a script which honors and attacks a type of monster AND running a looting script (CLAw). When the monster is killed the honor and attack script goes checks to see if CLAw is active and pauses while CLAw is active. Once CLAw is finished evaluating and looting the honor and attack script continues.

To do the same thing in OEUO we have to wait for the two scripts to be complete. If it were possible to have EUO talk to OEUO then we could begin using them together once only ONE of the two scripts is working in OEUO.

On a larger scale:

Healing Script Loaded in EUO
Attack Script Loaded in EUO
Rail Loaded in EUO
Looting Script Loaded in EUO

It would be great to start moving into OEUO for those, but not so great to have to wait until there are working versions of all four scripts in OEUO. Better to have it more like:

Healing Script Loaded in EUO
Attack Script Loaded in EUO
Rail Loaded in OEUO
Looting Script Loaded in OEUO

But I think you get my point.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
Well easy way would be via ingame Protocol reading. Like you making exevent Sysmsg wich content wich control and the other scripts are only on idle until their command drops.. then do their work and give next for the next idle.
Attacking and Looting would be possible if you run oeuo and euo simoultanous but moving would need a adaption.

Tags: