Author Topic: Back again, I am cannot stay away  (Read 3234 times)

Offline DaveousTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Daveous has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back again, I am cannot stay away
« on: March 13, 2015, 03:56:48 AM »
Hello,

I am Daveous. I'm back to playing UO after doing the full rounds. lets see:
- I started playing UO in highschool, on OSI, mostly Oceania. This greatly affected my studies. My brothers and I would take one hour turns, constantly rotating and trying to develop our (it is obvious now) quite horribly designed characters.
- At some stage our parents decided they were no longer willing to pay for us to 'waste our time' and stopped paying. Thus we delved into player run communities. This was fun for a while, but I assume we chose the wrong communities, and they all ultimately failed. Somewhere around 2002 I was lost to UO.
- Last year I started feeling nostalgic and contacted (harrassed) the UO accounts department, and after 2 months of haggling I reactivated my account. This was close to pointless as my old characters were close to useless, but nether the less, I have trained and trained, toiled, and trained some more. I finally have some characters that can hold their own. I am actually a teacher now, and I am constantly annoyed by students falling behind because they play games too much (is that karma?).

I pretty much love playing in any situation where my death is imminent. This means that my bank account is constantly decreased with 'insurance' claims. Can you believe we can insure our gear now? Oh, the good old days of running naked through dungeons in the hope you may be lucky enough to reach your decaying body that contained your.. GM crafted hunting suit. Anyway, I digress. I enjoy PvM, I go pretty well at it. I love PvP, but honestly, I am completely hopeless. I have not killed another player. Ever. I got close once. That was a rush.

I try to craft my own gear, and that is why I am here. The tedious work. I get sick of tapping buttons. Chop this tree, mine this section. I hear that these tasks can be automated to a degree now, and that is music to my ears. So if you will find it in your hearts to allow me into your community, I will be one appreciative old fella. My kids will probably appreciate it too, as I will be less grumpy. Don't forget the wife. I tried to take her measurements, but she woke up and looked quite perplexed. Maybe I will try again later.

Thank you for your consideration.
Daveous (Don't judge me by my name, I came up with it when I was 15).
Cheers.

Post Merge: March 13, 2015, 05:02:50 AM
Update: I am proud to say, I just got my first PvP kill. Take that Armageddon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:02:50 AM by Daveous »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Back again, I am cannot stay away
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 06:14:35 AM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status lifted, welcome aboard!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:26:47 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:59:44 AM »
welcome to SUO! There are some great crafting and resource gathering scripts here that you will love. Don't be a stranger, we have a great community and have a lot to share. In the non-gaming world I am a teacher as well so UO is a great escape and SUO has helped make UO even more enjoyable.  ;D

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline drmorpheus