Author Topic: New Member - Old Player  (Read 1468 times)

Offline califrhcpTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • califrhcp has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Member - Old Player
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »
Hello guys.  My names John.

I've been playing uo (on and off) for a longgg time.  I was 9 years old when I started playing UO, I'm 24 now!  While I haven't spent every day of every hour on UO for the past few years, I still come back to it once in a while to enjoy it.  I typically play on free servers.  I have yet to find a game that sucks me in as much as UO always has with its sandbox world.  Unfortunatley, UO is an aged game, and it shows.  Thats why I am here!  Some of the repetitive actions UO requires for its playstyle have aged poorly, and my carpel tunnel syndrome really hates it.  I'm hoping to find some nice scripts here that will help me alleviate some of these problems, and over all just make UO a more enjoyable experience for me.  I'm hoping that the more lax rules here as opposed to the EUO script library will mean a less stagnant script development with a little more flexibility.  I may even be interested in re familiarizing myself with EUO scripting again.

Anyway, I use to play on Napa Valley PRE-AOS, but ever since shortly after AOS release I've stuck to free servers.  I miss the era, and I never found the new play styles that enjoyable.  Typically I enjoy playing a tamer for gold farming, and then a crafter for fun.  I like to run vendor malls with my characters as well, and generally just enjoy the player interaction UO provides.

Some more information:

I'm currently a Junior in college, studying for a degree in Computer and Information Technology (CNIT) with a focus on programming.  Due to recent breaks such as Winter Break, and the coming Spring/Summer breaks, I have a lot of spare time to catch back up on some video games; and UO is one of them :)

I hope I can learn a lot on these forums.

Almost forgot - HAPPY NEWYEAR!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:05:14 AM by califrhcp »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Member - Old Player
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
Thanks for the intro Cali, restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO and Happy New Year!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:34:05 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
Welcome and Happy New Year!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
Welcome to SUO,

enjoy your break for school. 

Tags: