Author Topic: Boura Pelt Farmer?  (Read 4299 times)

Offline VenosaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Venosa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Boura Pelt Farmer?
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:40:37 AM »
Ok this is an idea and perhaps it has already been done. A script to farm boura pelts killing highland bouras?

For example using a sampire with hp regen suit or something.

I tried combining a Dexer script that cast EoO and CW when finding the target id, and made my own rail system and it seemed pretty good. Unfortunately I am not a scripter and couldnt understand how to make it stop when the highland boura was dead to loot it. It seems like the attack script kept moving back and forth then kills the boura and moves on to the next way point.

This would be a great tool since farming boura pelts is boring and suits are constantly being made . Or if someone would help with how to get the script to stop,loot the pelt, then continue on. I tried reading tutorials and I know my limits. I can usually do some editing to make these scripts work for me, but that is about it.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Boura Pelt Farmer?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:08 AM »
Lemme start by saying "great job on your part" in taking some action on your own!

I'll add that I'm sure there are some of these floating around, but people tend to be a little stingy with them ;) , once a public release of something like this is out you start seeing dozens of people walking the same rails competing for the few Boura that spawn.

It sounds like you already have a good idea of what needs to take place:

Walk a set rail with many waypoints.
Keep Enemy of One active on the char.
At the end of each waypoint look for a Boura.
If found, Consecrate Weapon and attack the Boura
Check for when the Boura is dead.
Find it's corpse, open and loot.
Return to last waypoint and look for any Boura that might have wandered over.
Continue to walk rail.

It seems you have everything you need except the corpse portion. If you look over some of the simple looters here and at EUO I think you'll see what is needed. You'll probably be able to identify some sub routines that are exactly what your looking for.

Maybe "Venosa's Boura Rail Farmer" will be your first contribution to ScriptUO!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline VLDK1976

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • VLDK1976 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Venosa

I have a little script I made a little back in time, that do the same thing as you want yours to do, mine is just on another monster. The difference is that I am letting my script wait on a seperate looting script to be done.
My routine for waiting is extremely simple. YFM is an open corpse.

sub wait
repeat
      {
      wait 10
      }
until #conttype <> YFM
return

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »
If you read through the TM CLaw posts you will find a sub that starts and stops claw from looting using other subs TM has provided.

And remember search is your friend.
hint hint hint
you might also want to look at Cervesa's Honor and attack
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:46:18 PM by luv2luvlong »
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: