Author Topic: Hello ScriptUO  (Read 1100 times)

Offline SpillisgodTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spillisgod has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello ScriptUO
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:40:59 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Brandon, nice you meet you. 

My UO journey started in late '97 when I was just a stupid teenager.  My friends and I all made accounts and began playing on LS.  Welcome "Avalon the Armor Destroyer".  In the early days we'd spend hours and hours roaming around killing everything that lived (or once lived).  Eventually we moved on to organized guild events and PVP tournaments.  After a few years I got bored with the game and stopped playing.  At that point working a full-time job and playing guitar in a band were my priorities.  R.I.P. "Avalon the Armor Destroyer".

I'd all but forgotten about UO when in '08 my friend mentioned that he was playing UO again on OSI.  I had a blossoming career that gave me plenty of free time in the evenings to dabble in Britannia again.  Thus began the short lived reign of "Avalon 2.0 Dragon Master".  Nothing beat the feeling of running around slaying with my trusty dragon.  That fling with UO only lasted for six months.  My friends that were playing again had begun dumping lots of $$ into their characters and it started to sour the fun for me.  R.I.P "Avalon 2.0 Dragon Master".

Summer of '18 came along and I got a text from my oldest and bestest buddy.  He was dabbling in UO again, this time on a ML era freeshard.  He badgered me into creating an account and trying to relive our former UO glory.  New shard, new character.  "Kronak, min/max ML era pvm meta beast" was born, necro/mage/weaver/tamer delight.  It was at this point that I started dabbling in scripts via UOS.  I've spent the past 1.5 years using/sharing/learning scripting from/with a good community of players on that freeshard.  "Kronak, min/max ML era pvm meta beast" was put into stasis a few months ago when my friends (old and new) decided to try an OSI clone. 

That brings us to today.  I'm now playing "Sinn, total OSI newb" on a wonderful OSI clone and hoping to join the ScriptUO community to find scripts that work on OSI.  My goal is to learn as much as possible and hopefully contribute back as I'm able.

Thanks,

Brandon

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello ScriptUO
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 03:58:50 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 06:56:14 PM »
 WELCOME!

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »
WELCOME! Intro reminded me of me back in the day!!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 07:53:27 AM »
Welcome back to UO and to SUO community.   

Always nice to see older player returning to UO.  So much have change.    I believe most shard will help you start , if you ask for help in the General chat.   

Tags: