Author Topic: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)  (Read 15555 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 12:17:17 PM »
I'll just make it so that it looks at the number between < and >.  Must have something to do with an encryption seed for validation.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
As far as I can see it always 8 length.

Ok cool.  Lemme see if there's a clever way to fix it so it'll work on OSI.  Thanks for the info; should make it possible.

Actually most of my old accounts are 7

234 and 262 Months toon and they have 8 digit. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »
As far as I can see it always 8 length.

Ok cool.  Lemme see if there's a clever way to fix it so it'll work on OSI.  Thanks for the info; should make it possible.

Actually most of my old accounts are 7

234 and 262 Months toon and they have 8 digit.

Yea but mine are 276 months.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 07:05:40 PM »
The number in the brackets is a unique id for the character. Think of it as a numerical representation of #CHARID.

It is consistent between each time I login for my characters on a shard. I just tested it logging in and out for a made up conversation with myself. ;)
I also tested that each character on the account has a unique ID there.

So it really is just keeping the same name characters unique in the conversation. Nothing more complex than that.

So the content doesn't have a lot of purpose unless you are trying to isolate the difference between a real name and a modified name with an appended number.

So if I create my character named "The Ghost" along with my friend on the same server, one of us will invariably be named "The Ghost2" while the first one to login was named "The Ghost". Who gets the '2' addition? Not the more recently created character, but the more recently logged in character. If I have the '2' version and the other one logs out, I do not magically become "The Ghost" now... I remain "The Ghost2" until I logoff. (I am unwilling to test this to see what happens with 3 same named on the server... ;)

Personally, I am interested in the filtering of real conversations vs. junk. A tool like this would be really awesome if it could filter stupid advertiser phrases barking about their wares for sale for real $$... but that is just a wish list... ;)

I modified the attached picture for anonymity to all involved but it still gives a nice illustration to go with the explanation.

Gaderian

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Dialogue.png
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:11:04 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Thanks Gaderian.  I'll fiddle with this info.  I already have the journal scanner modified, I just need to re-write the chat scanner function to be less stupid.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:24 AM »
Nice work!

Just a side note, I did some work with OSI chat recently.  I noticed getting sent packets that were chat from other channels.  It would send the ID of the person talking, what chat they're talking in, but not their message.

Normally on OSI you can't see chat in other channels so I thought that was interesting.

Just wanted to throw that in here in case someone came up with blank lines in their chat and wondered what it was from (OSI).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:52:08 AM by unisharp »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 07:40:31 AM »
Nice info on the packets.
In the 2d Classic Client you can't see the other channels. I thought you could easily switch a tab in the EC client to see other channels. Maybe it was only the Party/Guild/Alliance/Channel tabs - but I don't even have the EC client installed right now. It would make sense for the traffic from the server to be consistent, but have the client side filter. That way the server is the same for either client... not that I have even analyzed packets from OSI before... just thinking out loud as it were.

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »
Nice work!

Just a side note, I did some work with OSI chat recently.  I noticed getting sent packets that were chat from other channels.  It would send the ID of the person talking, what chat they're talking in, but not their message.

Normally on OSI you can't see chat in other channels so I thought that was interesting.

Just wanted to throw that in here in case someone came up with blank lines in their chat and wondered what it was from (OSI).

This is one thing I've wanted to do with Stealth for quite some time.  It makes MUCH more sense to make a stand-alone application that monitors the chat and can be waaaay more customizable than we can do with EasyUO.  Talk about a useful program.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:21:47 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 08:18:01 PM »
Here's a version to play with.  It's defaulted for OSI.  It's a terrible hack.  But I'm lazy and don't feel like redoing it with any normal elegance.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_chat11e.txt
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:19:32 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »
Tested it and it works nicely. I really like the ability to type in the window and not have all the garbage running by.

The length of the comments are cut off both incoming and outgoing. You can't tell from what you "send" where the cutoff is. I can research the length allowed to send. I have not looked at the logic, but maybe splitting the outgoing message (on a word boundary?) into multiple messages?

The incoming text needs to wrap to be readable on long messages. After about 75 characters of the message part (maybe 100 characters including the time stamp & name info). So maybe a break at each 100 characters to print a new line in the window would suffice.

The limit on outgoing text is about 52-77 characters (tested W vs 1) depending on the font character selected.

Gaderian

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 09:16:37 PM »
thx,  got a few incoming text,   that cool.  Thx for the OSI fix.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 09:32:47 PM »
Tested it and it works nicely. I really like the ability to type in the window and not have all the garbage running by.

The length of the comments are cut off both incoming and outgoing. You can't tell from what you "send" where the cutoff is. I can research the length allowed to send. I have not looked at the logic, but maybe splitting the outgoing message (on a word boundary?) into multiple messages?

The incoming text needs to wrap to be readable on long messages. After about 75 characters of the message part (maybe 100 characters including the time stamp & name info). So maybe a break at each 100 characters to print a new line in the window would suffice.

The limit on outgoing text is about 52-77 characters (tested W vs 1) depending on the font character selected.

Gaderian

Not that easy to do given the listbox capabilities and the list routines I wrote.  It's just not possible without a major re-write.  Again, a wonderful time for someone to do something similar in .NET using a RichTextBox control.

Edit:
Actually since I don't really do anything other than add the line to the list at one point, it might be rather simple to split the string up like you recommend.  I'll give it a whirl.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:38:54 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2020, 12:04:49 PM »
Here's a version where I just split the line up into sequential lines.  I don't do any word splitting, so words might get split up.  But it's less annoying.

I had to boost the #LPC in the journal scan because some of the vender spammed texts came too fast for the normal setting.  This might interact poorly with other scripts running in separate tabs.

tm_chat11f.txt
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 05:20:14 PM »
+1
I ran this version for several hours just interacting with the chat channel. I liked it. It does a nice job to filter all the extraneous journal messages and gives a nice interface.

Thanks for working on and sharing this.

Gaderian

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
I ran this version for several hours just interacting with the chat channel. I liked it. It does a nice job to filter all the extraneous journal messages and gives a nice interface.

Thanks for working on and sharing this.

Gaderian

Very cool, thanks for testing it.  I found it useful to gather chat perhaps when you're bank sitting, and want to easily go back to just the chat that has long since disappeared from the journal log.  It's probably not something you'd want to run during hunting or some other intensive times.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx