Author Topic: Diff. tool issue  (Read 10102 times)

Offline b@nditoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Diff. tool issue
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »
first of all thanks for publishing this great program, i used a couple of text editor in the past but nothing suited my tastes as SUO.

Now my little question, using the Diff... tool in the Edit menu i see that SUO auto-detects my tortoiseSVN installed (and that's good), but if i give the two paths of files needed and press execute it opens the tortoisemerge program asking again for the paths, this losing all the advantages of it. Now i'm asking: is that a tortoise issue and if, there's a way to fix it?

some tech info, maybe the version i'm using is not fully supported:

TortoiseMerge 1.6.5, Build 16974 - 32 Bit , 2009/08/20 08:13:46
libsvn_diff 1.6.5,
apr 1.3.8
apr-utils 1.3.9

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Diff. tool issue
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
Be sure that you have the files saved somewhere.  There is a pathing issue that people like 12X have found, and frankly I haven't figured it out yet because it never happens to me.  Also try moving the scripts to the same directory, or a different directory all together.  For me, I never have a problem, even in Win7.  If I could ever replicate the issues of others, then perhaps I could fix it.  Other than that, all I do is come up with two paths and throw the information over to TortoiseMerge.  I really don't do much otherwise.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »
Ah, so it's not just me. I'm using XP Pro sp3 and have the same 'double asking' of what files to compare.  I'll give the folder change a try.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:53:24 AM »
Nah you're definitely not the only one. I've actually never gotten it to work, not sure why. I gave up on it a long time ago and just run diff's directly with Tortoise or with Notepad++. I figured one of these days I would give it another shot.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
I get the double ask with a THIRD INPUT....

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:51 AM »
Now if someone could actually tell me what they are doing differently....

I have Win2000, Win2003, WinXP and Win7 and it all works great for me.  I only use AVG for virus scanning. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
Would the location of the SUO executable be an issue? As it stands, my Tort path is:

c:\program files\tortoise

My SUO.exe is as follows:

c:\my docs\uo stuff\uo programs\suo.exe
*note, the first folder is 'my docs' and not 'my documents' or 'documents and settings'.*

I run SUO.exe from a shortcut I created in my Quick Launch toolbar.  The actual shortcut is in a folder in the Quick Launch toolbar that contains my other UO exe's, ...euo, razor, uo, uocart, map yadda yadda.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 12:54:18 PM »
It's gotta be something like that.  I run SUO from the desktop, a network drive, a sub directory on the main drive, on a USB dongle for goodness sake!  No problems.  I use the TSVN default directory.  No problems.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »
Actually, I think I may have found a clue.  Try putting two scripts you want to compare right at your c:\ root.  Might be a path length issue when args are passed to Tortoise.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
I'll definitely give that a try once I can actually run SUO.exe again.  I'm having issues running ANYTHING right now.  Anything using the .NET framework is giving me an "application failed to start...." error 0xc000007b.

Otherwise, I too had wondered if it was a path issue, specifically related to Tort. I didn't see much that I could change in the TSVN options/config, but I'll look there again.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
Aww bummer.  That's happened to me before.  I just had to uninstall-reinstall the frameworks.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »
Actually, I think I may have found a clue.  Try putting two scripts you want to compare right at your c:\ root.  Might be a path length issue when args are passed to Tortoise.
Interesting, I was thinking about this myself. I use the default folder for Tortoise. My script paths are usually along the lines of:

x:\easyuo\development\XIIxOveR's .....\filename1.txt and filename2.txt
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
I dragged two files to my desktop which normally a pretty large path.  No go, but when I dragged those files to c:\, it worked fine.

Always has worked for me because my scripts are kept on my server at z:\scripts
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline b@nditoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
thank you trailmyx you are always the best :D it's working now

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 07:57:48 AM »
Ah cool, I was hoping that was the issue.  Unfortunately there's really nothing I can do to fix that since I'm just passing those parameters via command line to the TortoiseMerge program.  Stupid Windows!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: