Author Topic: Training Taming  (Read 3542 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Training Taming
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
So, I've just written a taming script to test my rail manager for oEUO. 
Things seem to go well with the script, but I'm getting terrible gains.
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/tamer-essay/training-areas
I followed something like this list here, but really what I did was use
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php
And generate a skill table that would add creatures when you had a 35%-92% chance to tame them, and remove them from the table otherwise.
Currently, I'm rolling around Ice Isle, at 81, taming polar bears but not quite to the 85 where I will pick up white wolves.
Do you think a 92% is a too high on the end of difficulty to get good gains?

Currently, this last session, I am at this ratio according to my status print out.
You have tamed 327 creatures for 0.8 skill.  That's only one gain, every 40ish creatures. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Training Taming
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
According to my old auto tamer... you can do white wolfs from 65.1- 110.0 and get gains off it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »
after about 90 skill it slows down alot so .1 every 30 or 40 animals sounds about right. that was what I was getting last year when i was taming bulls.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »
I modified the tame tables and removed polar bears at 80, and tossed in white wolves and I had about 14 gains in 96 animals, so one about every 7 tames.  Quite the improvement.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Puebles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
Been a long time since I trained taming. Did it to 120 when power scrolls first came out. Did it all manually. Before skill on jewelry, alacrity scrolls, and scrolls of transcendance. Oh, how I try to forget....and it worked, or maybe I just got old. Anyway......that is too high a skill to still be doing polar bears, IMHO. Drop your skill table at least 10 points across the board. The harder the tame, the better the gains. Have you tried the crystal ball of knowledge? When using that I move up the scale when it gets to optimum.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:45 AM »
I just made a mystic character, I'll do the noob quest and get a ball.  Need it anyway for my disco trainer.  Doesn't seem to be a good disco training table out there anywhere.  People tend to ring up and do cu sidhes to 90, then just roll with the bard mastery spells.  I've currently got a disco running on one account, and a tamer on the other account all with the same script back bone/rail driver.  haha :)  Multi tasking rules. I have all these characters that are like 90% done, just never friggen finish them off.

You're right though, the taming gains increased immediately once I removed the bears.  See, I was following a couple different guides.  One was severely more steep in terms of taming difficulty vs. skill.  I'm going to toss that table into the tamer, and make a new tamer on a different shard or something.  I'm all full on LS.  Or I'll buy a 7th character slot for my second account.

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Puebles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
Just did Disco to 90, 120 with jewelry. I did Gamans to 75 and Hyrus to 90. Its pretty quick.

Tags: