Author Topic: Why I won't ever be a TiVo customer again  (Read 3954 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Why I won't ever be a TiVo customer again
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
I got my first series 1 used on Ebay around 2002.  Since then I've had a couple Series 2s, HD, Premiere, Roamio, Roamio OTA.  Even one box I paid for the lifetime subscription.

I recently bought a used Roamio basic and found it to have faulty boot issues.  Since I was going to try and go OTA but found I just don't have the OTA signal to use my Roamio OTA, I decided to pull the cablecard carrier adapter from the Basic and put it into the OTA.  This is done by many on the interwebs and on the TiVo forums without issue, but I experienced issues and contacted TiVo support.

Instead of trying to help me get the thing working, I was lectured about how I broke their terms of service.  Funny thing is probably every TiVo I've ever owned I've modified in some way - it's sort of why people purchase them in the first place.  My series 1s and 2s were upgraded with bigger hard drives and network cards, while my later ones all got larger storage.  So to be lectured now about the ToS was just too much for me, so I just cancelled all my boxes. (3 active monthly subscriptions)

So let this be a warning to anyone wanting to do business with TiVo.  Just don't.

P.S.  Sometimes its nice to own a website that gets 2M hits/month and over 1M page views.  :p
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:43:41 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Why I won't ever be a TiVo customer again
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:20 PM »
P.S.  Sometimes its nice to own a website that gets 2M hits/month and over 1M page views.  :p

Wow .. thats pretty impressive....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
Wow .. thats pretty impressive....

Yah, this site seems to still be a pretty good place for people to get their reference material.  The hits have gone down from the heyday, but not as much as you might expect.

And yes TiVo still sucks.  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:32:07 AM »
Not that i recommend it .. but for fullness of options ....you can also  click it twice.... 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: tivo sucks