Author Topic: My Support Char or Can't Touch This  (Read 4686 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
My Support Char or Can't Touch This
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:58:04 AM »
I use this guy for support. You'll see what I mean.

115 Magery
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Music
100 Peace
85 Vet
80 Lore
60 Med

I carry a set of +30 Vet Jewelry, I think the ring/bracelet also have some Lore as well.

This is a char who can go anywhere (area peace), can res me and pets, can toss out EV's if needed, and is very survivable. This would be the char that I'd run a "find gold on ground, pick it up, send it via BOS" script while I'm farming.

This is also the char who recalls in to res any from my other account. I can use tricks to keep area peace up constantly to get any place in UO. Originally this char was going to have Anatomy/Healing on, but I find that Magery can do the exact same thing, and Mana is self regenerating. An excellent char to stand behind any other and keep things peaced.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Support Char or Can't Touch This
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
I can Image your character having 90 Flutes in his Backpack for that Social Peace :)

Offline kizzrot

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kizzrot has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:05:42 AM »
Cool idea, can anyone post some more templates of support characters and write smth more about "using" them? I am planing to do one by myself and dont rly know what is the best idea.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »
I've been re-thinking this support char in preparation of running a single script client/bot script.

I think I want to have 4/6 chiv casting. I want to keep the hiding/stealth and the magery...

How does 4/6 actually work? If you have <80 magery, isn't there something about 4/6 as well??
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
I've been re-thinking this support char in preparation of running a single script client/bot script.

I think I want to have 4/6 chiv casting. I want to keep the hiding/stealth and the magery...

How does 4/6 actually work? If you have <80 magery, isn't there something about 4/6 as well??

To have 4/6 chiv, you must have 69.9 magery or less (this includes all +magery items!). If your total magery is 70 or above, you drop to 2/6 casting.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
Hmmm.... I'll have to check what the G-Heals would be like at 69.9 Magery, and compare them to Chiv Heals. For strictly support, chiv would probably be better for heal/cure/remove curse.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:57 AM »
It's all going to depend on your karma. GHeal's are still good for roughly 30-ish at the level I think, but you can get 4/6 chiv heals up for to 50 if you're Glorious Lord/Lady. It's absurd!! The only problem is that you have to be 1 tile away
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
That always suck i have tried to throw a heal in a fight with chiv and it never work they need to change the range.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
4/6 chiv heals from a distance would be ridiculous. I don't mind that it's short range, but I think it should be 2-3 tiles, not just 1 tile.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
I think if you go with Chiv healing on a strictly support toon you need to put in enough ninja to smoke bomb and bang one whenever you get targetted. IMHO the range makes it impraticable for a lot of the tougher mobs you really want it for. However, I like the idea of a 4/6 robot smoke bomber for PvP...

I also wonder about setting up a bot with two cross healing toons that would work a spawn together -- say in Abyss or a champ...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: