Author Topic: Pets in PvP  (Read 7183 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Pets in PvP
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:50:15 AM »
This seemed like the right place for this....

What pets are recommended for PvP?

Super Dragons are alright, but keeps you on foot, they are slow and easily avoided.

I've been a Bake Kitsune fan. You could have two of them in the field and still ride an ethy.

I know Dread Mare is a hot item, but don't have one, won't be getting one.

What about a Hiryu? Not the lite version, but full bore, dismount and "physical resist lowering" one? Rideable and takes up 4 slots so you can still get on an ethy.

Mixture? Nitemare and Kitsune? Rune Beetle and Nitemare?

Thoughts?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

Re: Pets in PvP
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
This seemed like the right place for this....

What pets are recommended for PvP?

Super Dragons are alright, but keeps you on foot, they are slow and easily avoided.

I've been a Bake Kitsune fan. You could have two of them in the field and still ride an ethy.

I know Dread Mare is a hot item, but don't have one, won't be getting one.

What about a Hiryu? Not the lite version, but full bore, dismount and "physical resist lowering" one? Rideable and takes up 4 slots so you can still get on an ethy.

Mixture? Nitemare and Kitsune? Rune Beetle and Nitemare?

Thoughts?

Rune beetle and nightmare would probly be the combo to use... ride the mare, let the rune beetle sit somewhere till you needed him and call him in... Runebeetle dies pretty easily tho if you have a beetle slayer... :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:55:45 AM »
rune bettle has always been to slow in PvP for me to use them.  Hiyru is much better.

Offline Brunus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Brunus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:03:52 AM »
Hiryus, by far.

If you make a mage, a hiryu can be very devastating when it comes to combo'ing.

When I had one it would be something like this:

Curse
Explo
EB
-stun-
-dismount-
All kill
EB

Rarely if ever someone survived this. On a side note, if your pet dismounts someone, you are screwed with the dismount timer.

Greater dragons are slow and stuff but I find that they are awesome choke point holders. I usually set up three or four of those with red wither bombers and bag balls to hold spawn entrances.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:10:34 AM »
Yeah, I tamed one yesterday that has pretty good numbers... I'll bond him up and give him a little training.

I run an Archer/Tamer so I'd think a good Paralyze bowshot, get off the hiryu, "all kill", would work fairly well.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:12:32 AM »
Yeah, I tamed one yesterday that has pretty good numbers... I'll bond him up and give him a little training.

I run an Archer/Tamer so I'd think a good Paralyze bowshot, get off the hiryu, "all kill", would work fairly well.

There's no reason to use a dismount Hiryu.  You want magery pets.  Trust me on this.  You'll have a dismount bow in your hand.  No point.  The animal HAS to hit them, and they will run the second you dismount them, so magery pets are better.  Specially 2, cause it they chain spam para in a gank the person is almost definately dead. :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 07:15:07 AM »
See that makes great sense to me. I've always been a Kitsune fan... I think I'll train up my pair and see how they do in the field. That way I can stay riding my ethy...

I setup a "Get off ethy - select secondary skill (dismount)" macro already.

And actually... I need to bond up a regular Horse too.... or a Frenzied Ozzy ;)

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »
See that makes great sense to me. I've always been a Kitsune fan... I think I'll train up my pair and see how they do in the field. That way I can stay riding my ethy...

I setup a "Get off ethy - select secondary skill (dismount)" macro already.

And actually... I need to bond up a regular Horse too.... or a Frenzied Ozzy ;)

Use a mare/kitsune combo so you have a trained up rideable horse that's instant mount after you get a dismount off and the timer is up.  Believe me on this. :)

Offline draxxter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • draxxter has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
Best Combo so far but really expensive that never failed me so far is DreadMare + Kitsune. Huge Magery DMG output + i am a mage with scribe ^^ :P

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:40 AM »
i like the two bonded vollems
but honestly the dismount tamers on a dread or cu own!

I play neither but witness the destruction often

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 06:27:13 AM »
Cu's aren't too bad, rideable and you can still ride an ethy...

My twin Vollems aren't too bad either, but really they are on the same level as NightMares except you can ride a Mare.

The advantage Vollems have is that anyone can control them.

I'm training up my Mare and Kitsune now. Both are decent tames... which reminds me. I have to put up a Lite version of my appraiser.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 07:46:49 AM »
Template that I'm running is:

120 Archery
100 Tactics

110 Taming
110 Lore

105 Chiv
100 Anat
87 Healing

Thats with a +12 Taming ring to get to 110.

I'm seriously considering working up Hiding/Stealth to swap with Healing/Anatomy when I feel like stealthing. It'd make it a dual purpose char.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
For a champ spawner setup like you said you wanted in the shoutbox the most effective spawner would be:

100 Necro (105 if you want strangle to never fail)
100 SS (120 is nicer, but 100 is fine)
110 Taming
110 Lore
120 Magery (can obv get away with 115)
120 Eval (same deal with 115)
 60 Med

This temp runs no resist, but you'll be using "protection" anyway. Bring lots of orange petals. This is a greater dragon tamer setup, and is never a wasted template at a spawn or harrower.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »
Thats an awesome spawner there. The reason for the Archery / Tamer is for a dismounter - all kill char. We either get raided, or we raid 99% of our spawns.

We're starting to get some more Stealth/Archers as well. Getting the enemy on foot is paramount.

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
Thats an awesome spawner there. The reason for the Archery / Tamer is for a dismounter - all kill char. We either get raided, or we raid 99% of our spawns.

We're starting to get some more Stealth/Archers as well. Getting the enemy on foot is paramount.

Yea and Hoby did GREAT.  Although I stayed by him a lot...  I know where the bread is buttered.  :)

Tags: