Author Topic: Pets in PvP  (Read 7184 times)

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pets in PvP
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »
Template that I'm running is:

120 Archery
100 Tactics

110 Taming
110 Lore

105 Chiv
100 Anat
87 Healing

Thats with a +12 Taming ring to get to 110.

I'm seriously considering working up Hiding/Stealth to swap with Healing/Anatomy when I feel like stealthing. It'd make it a dual purpose char.

For hiding (100)/stealth (80) to be effective you'd also need ninjitsu (105 is no fail llama or ostard) for smoke bombs and animal form. Ninjitsu is also 4/6 casting which is nice.

You'd really have to skim some points to fit on the 280-285 points.

100 hiding
105 ninj
 80 stealth
100 arch (+20 hunter's headdress)
 90 tacts
100 taming (110 with jewel)
110 lore
105 chiv

Still would put you at 790. So no go.

You'd be too slow with just hiding/stealth. I tried out that temp and got frustrated trying to catch up to the group, and you can't even sneak up on an opponent or invise your dragon.

For archer/tamers, these are the pros/cons depending on the pets with your listed template:

Beetle/Mare - Beetles are devastating, but when one opponent gets dedicated to killing your beetle it becomes a 3 hit kill, and without veterinary it becomes a hindrance. I generally only pop mine out if we're facing mage only groups. Once an archer goes enemy of one/consecrate on it, it's time to stable it. Rocks mages and stealthers.

Greater Hiryu - Love the hiryu. If you go for a dismount and whiff, a lot of times peeps won't bother running away from the chicken because they don't fear the dismount from it. A lot of times it lands, and also has a brutal double strike. Hits like a truck. I leveled many a people with a heavy bow dismount, all kill, switch to a para blow, stand em up with the para shot, hiryu double strikes for the OooOooo. Again though, if you get one person going enemy of one/consecrate, it dies fast, and you'll find yourself not wanting to get off mount vs that. Peeps love to poison them but you have 4/6 chiv so that's not a problem with a cleanse.

Cu - Great pet at a spawn, heals itself, never have to cure it. Heals you also. Bites hard, lands a bleed on the stealthers that pop out. I get annoyed with my dog on my archer/tamer because when I land a dismount my dog will never catch up to my opponent. You generally dismount your opponent, switch to a para bow, mortal him, then jump on your ethy and pursue. Hopefully the dog chomp kept him on foot. When it does hit it's obv very nice, and when peeps have dread mares out they don't like it when a dog is chomping on their mare. Dogs eat mares. Dogs eat beetles. I also like the dog because if you're creative enough with your suit & jewels, you can slap 120 resist on the template. I hate getting para spammed/mana vamped so I still audible to this template sometimes.

Dread Mare (I know you said you'll never have one, but you never know) - Love it. You need to be able to cure it which your template can. It is devastating. Excellent disrupter vs mages! More times than not will hit that stealther with a delayed spell that reveals the stealther right after he used his smoke bomb. The mare is (unfortunately) the most effective pvp pet for your template imo.

You can obv combo your mare with another regular mare or a bake. I never bother running around with the optional 2 pets because they get worked by all the blues that are afraid to flag you but not your pet, but in a big fight I'll pet ball an additional pet in if needed.

That's all I got.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Pets in PvP
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
Cool, great info - thanks!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: