Author Topic: Making an Imbuer  (Read 7050 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Making an Imbuer
« on: December 09, 2009, 03:45:43 AM »
Someone needs to write up a step by step on making one of these chars. What the best build is, how to train it up, what resources will be required, estimated cost, etc.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Making an Imbuer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 03:49:50 AM »
I would be happy to Cerv, but I think waiting until the patch comes live on all shards might be better, It might change...but I will write one up for you as I did my last one in a few min...hafta get ST off to school for a final first.

But I think I have found about the cheapest way, after making 4 of them.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:49:12 AM »
OK, after making 4 of these guys I think I have found a pretty good way. Your best build will be Blacksmith/Imbuer. You might also want to think about putting all the best trade skills on this one char eventually. I have a couple of Soulstones that I reserve only for my imbuers, so they end up being 120 Imbue/120 Smith/120 Tailor/100 Fletching/100 Carpenter/100 Arms Lore/100 Tinker...there is really no need for Item ID.

You dont have to be a 120 smith to start imbuing, you only need to be high enough skill to be able to craft daggers. I suggest also Locking your arms lore at 0, and using a Soulforge in your home (you dont want any bonus's while building or it will take more resources)

I only imbued up to 4 different Mods, these are what I used. Hit Dispel, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Fire Area, and Hit Life Leach. I used these 4 because they seemed to be the least costly gems on any shard..you only need Rubys, and Amber.

OK, there are two ways to look at it, cheapest, or most convienient. Cheapest is to make a Human imbuer and convert him/her to Garg after your done (again, you want no bonus's) if you dont have a race change token, or dont want to spend a Mil getting one, then just start with a Garg...I am not convinced that it really saves you that much to start Human, so I have started all of mine as Gargs. I start mine at 50 Imbuing/50 Fletching. Buy Blacksmith up as high as you can in Haven. Take your newb dagger and imbue it with 2% Hit dispel as many times as you have to until you gain .1 Imbuing, then stop imbuing for now. The reason for this is you can now unravel MR and Essence. Then I start working up fletching to 100. I do it this way because you are going to need between 35-45K Magic Residue to 120 your Imbuer, and the easiest way to get it is to make and unravel oak/yew bows. So I have a Lumberjack working overtime chopping wood while I am doing this. You will get approx 17K Residue from 60k oak/yew boards, so you are going to need 150K boards. Once you Hit 100 fletching you can now put on a fletching tali and start making residue.

Once you have residue its time to start imbuing. I start by Imbuing 2% hit dispel on daggers. You can imbue the same Mod on each dagger 10 times (20 with the new patch coming) You will get a message eventually that says you have imbued this item to many times,  chances of gaining skill are greatly diminished. Unravel and make another (I usually mad like 25 at a time and imbued them all, then unraveled and made more) Keep your eye on the imbuing craft menu, there is a number in the lower right corner that tells you what your chances are to successfully imbue the item. At first you will only have about a 20% chance..keep working that up by just doing hit dispel 2% until you finally have that number between 50-55% chance for success.

Once you are getting close to 55% success chance you will need to increase the mod intensity, so move to Hit dispel 4%..repeat until 55% chance, then move to hit dispel 6%, repeat, then Hit Dispel 8%, repeat. Once you have reached a 55% success chance at hit dispel 8% its time to add in the second mod. Hit Mana Leach. So, at this point you will be doing Hit Dispel 8% Hit Mana Leach 2%. The reason I did this was you are only using 1 Gem for each Mod at this point (You could have taken Hit dispel all the way to 44% but you would have been using a TON of resources, instead of just 1 Gem, 1 Residue) So now you are hitting Hit Dispel 8% hit Mana Leach 2%..keep going until you finally are hitting Hit Dispel 8%, Hit Mana Leach 8%, then add in your 3rd Mod, Hit Fire Area. So now you are doing Hit Dispel 8% Hit Mana Leach 8% Hit Fire Area 2%..keep going untill all 3 are at 8%, then add in your final Mod, Hit Life Leach 2%....keep going until you are at 8% on ALL 4 mods, and your chances go over 55% success rate.

Now you hafta start adjusting the Intensities to keep yourself between a 50-55% success rate. So, Go back to your First mod Hit Dispel and increase it to 14% (the highest it can be taken using only 2 Gems) Look at what your success chance is, and if it is between 50-55 then go for it...if it is higher then you are going to have to add in a second Mod, Hit Mana leach. So you are probably going to be doing: Hit Dispel 14% Hit Mana Leach 2%, then Hit dispel 14% hit Mana leach 4%, then hit dispel 14% hit Mana leach 6% then Hit dispel 14% hit Mana leach 8% STOP dont go over 8% at this point as it will add in a 2nd gem...so now add in the 3rd Mod, Hit fire area..so, Hit Dispel 14%, Hit Man Leach 8% Hit Fire area 2%...on up to hit fire area 8%, then add in the 4th mod Life leach at 2%...all the way to 8%.

Each time you get through all 4 Mods, and up to 55% success chance you will need to go back and adjust your FIRST MOD UP...so change Hit Dispel from 14% to 18% and repeat all the above steps adding in Mods up to an Intensity of 8% ONLY...once your through, then change hit dispel to 24% and repeat, then Hit Dispel 28% repeat, then Hit Dispel 34% repeat, then hit dispel 38% repeat, then finally hit dispel 44% repeat. AT this point you will probably be over 100 skill and you might have to start adjusting your second mod up from 8% to 14-18-24%, but at no time will you ever have to adjust your 3rd and 4th mods (the ones you will miss most of the time) up from a high of 8%..the reason for this is you are going to be missing those ones a LOT so there is no reason for you to use more then ONE MR, and ONE GEM per try.

Using this method I was able to 120 my last imbuer for about 2.5M (compared to my first one that cost about 12.5M) so out of 4 imbuers this is the cheapest way I have found to make one. I dont have a total amount of gems used, I just know I only had 3M to make this imbuer and had a little over 400K left when I finished.

I hope all this makes sense, but I am happy to answer any questions you (or anybody else has) about this method...just post them up!

PS..there is NOT a script out there to do it this way, your gonna hafta do it all by hand or write a script...the one script out there atm will cost you about 8M in resources to hit 120 Imbue.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:56:43 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 06:05:54 AM »
Excellent info TT... i have a script that trains imbuing via blacksmith on daggers but it does it the burn resources way .. i take the first mod to 44% before adding second.. your method is far superior.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 06:13:36 AM »
TYVM EN..yep, thats the way I made my first one...by taking the first mod all the way to 44..its the FASTEST way to do one, but it is also the most expensive way of all the ways I tried too!  :(

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
After this patch there maybe a lot cheaper way to train imbueing it works atleast the things i have tested on TC1.  It they dont change anything before they post to the other servers then I will post up a script to get you there it seems to get gains slower but alot cheaper you can actually make money while getting gains :)  So stay tuned after the patch to Mass's Imbue Factory Script.

Tags: