Author Topic: Mystic/SW/Mage  (Read 9287 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Mystic/SW/Mage
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:22:41 AM »
I have a Necro/Mage that has a 120 SW cap. I'm thinking of reworking the char to include Mysticism.

Currently he's something like

120 Necro
120 SS
120 Magery (Cryst Ring)
120 Med
120 Eval
100 Anatomy
40 Spellweaving

I'm debating something like this:

120 magery (100 + 20 Crystalline Ring)
120 eval int
120 SpellWeaving
120 mysticism
120 Focus (100 + 20 Crystalline Ring)

Which leaves me 160 points....

120 Resist / 40 Med
60 Necro / 100 Spirit Speak
105 Necro / 55 Spirit Speak
80 Healing / 80 Anatomy

I'll probably stay elf on the char for the mana bump and go full MR suit.

The char will be used for spawning, farming and pvp'n
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mystic/SW/Mage
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
That's the first farming template I made for mystic, and went the route of 60 necro/100 ss.

Rising Colossus/Wraith From/Word Of Death was obviously the main function for me.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
That's the template I think I'm going with, I really like wraith form for stuff....

I'm thinking of going Gargoyle for the char as well. Dexxers have a more difficult time judging where a flying char is actually at.

That's a ton of spells to use... Might be fun.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:10 AM »
Wow, not much input...

Right now I'm thinking:

120 magery (100 + 20 Crystalline Ring)
120 eval int

120 SpellWeaving
120 Mysticism
120 Focus (100 + 20 Crystalline Ring)
60 Necro
100 Spirit Speak

Bold is what I have already on the char. I'd have to train up SW again, Myst and Focus.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
Cerv, you've referred to using your char as a pvper also.

If you're going to pvp, you really can't go with 0 resist spells. I mean you "can", but once one mage realizes you don't have it, you'll be mana vamped 24/7.

When you run a mystic mage for pvp, you generally rotate the final skill set as:

-weaving
-60 necro/ss (I used aegis + bloodwood spirit btw)
-inscription (I liked this & used 40 weaving with it)
-meditation (quite a few people still use this version)
-ninjitsu (really only needed if you're getting faction ganked a lot)

For pvm I liked to drop resist spells and combo the necro/weaving.

For pvm I did not want to build a gargoyle suit so I did it with a human. I am planning on building it as a gargoyle for my next version (once I get all of my characters built up again).  :'(

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »
I didn't notice this thread before, but I dig the mix of skills, and I love the idea of maximizing the crystalline ring.  For PvM it will be easy to throw out some nasty direct damage.  I may have to rework a toon of my own for fun sometime...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
Well, I saw this template also....

120 Magery (+20 Crystalline)
120 Eval
120 Mysticism
120 Focus (+20 Crystalline)
120 Resist
100 Spirit Speak (90 real, +10 Bloodwood Spirit)
55 Necro (50 real, +5 Bloodwood Spirit)

But I think I'm going with SpellWeaving instead of Resist.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
if you are just going for the wraith form, why go with necro and SS?  just add the 120 resist with the SW and go 40 necro for the wraith form?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
As I understand it, SS determines the amount of mana leeched.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Spirit speak does determine the leech.

That guys version with the 50necro/90ss (55/100 with the talisman) is inferior imo.

If you're planning any pvp at all, you don't want to fail on your 100% success rate 60 skill necro spells (corpse skin, evil omen, blood oath, pain spike). Why risk fizzling those with 55 necro?

At 90 spirit (100 with the talisman) you will not see the dead. At a spawn you may want to see the dead, or where he's running to find the group res point. You need 100 real ss.

So if you run that version, do what I did, roll with the crystalline/necro talisman/aegis of grace. The extra 10 ssi (110 ssi) in the suit will make a difference for your oath timer, and pain spike damage also.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »
Here's what I'm planning....

120   Magery (+20, then -20 Weapon)
120   Eval
120   Myst
100   Focus +20
85   SS +15
115   SW
60   Necro
---

Spellweaving could go as low as 103.5 to give 100% wildfire. WOD casting will suffer but it's probably one of the least used spells for spellweaving. Usefull - yes, but seldom used.

No resist. But for now it's really not needed for what the char will be doing. Designed to be a Spawn Beast!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 06:58:34 AM »
Actually, slight mod... 105 spellweaving is enough so adding 10 more to SS for necro damage.

120.0   Magery +20 Ring -20 Weapon
120.0   Eval
120.0   Myst
100.0   Focus +20 Ring (120)
95.0   SS +15 Bracelet (110)
105.0   SW
60.0   Necro

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
I actually think I will be building this template soon enough. And once I add spellweaving and necro to my casting trainer BAM. Train everything!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
I'm thinking the mana leech from having 110 SS will be enough to use the Myst Hail Storm as a Wither replacement. With 60 Necro I can still do Necro attacks (painspike). Should be a good all around mage type char with some decent PvP capabilities.

No resist, I know, but still capable of dishing out some damage.

Explosion, Spell Plague, FlameStrike, Bombard (from Spell Trigger), Sleep, PainSpike, Harm, Corpse, Poison, Lightning, Nether Bolt, Magic Missile.... Lots of options.

On the more PvM side of things....

Hail Storm, Mass Sleep, Rising Colossus, Nature's Fury, Summon Fey, Wildfire, Essence of Wind, EQ, Poison Fields...

Healing Stone, Gift of Renewal, Gift of Life, Heal, Cure, Cleansing Winds, Animate Dead, Wraith Form...

I'm planning on running protection all the time, so no worries about fc/fcr or resist for now. Later if I feel the need for resist on the char I will drop SW completely off and replace it with Resist. I'll redo the suit to get 2/6 casting then.

Tags: