Author Topic: Sampire what now  (Read 19553 times)

Offline BeaverBobTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Sampire what now
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:18:16 PM »
Hello all
OK so after almost 6 full days of scripting my sampire is made
120 swordsmanship                 Strength        133           Hit Points     141
120 parry                              Dexterity        49            Stamina        63
120 bushido                           Intelligence    100           Mana           128 
100 necro
100 spirit
90 tactics
70 chiv
I plan on dropping intel to 50 so i can max hit points and put the rest in dex now up to this point i have had no real problem
just like everyone else i can read so i just went through endless forums not just script uo but all sites i could find on sampires               and this seemed to be the best temp i could find thank you OMGBurgers. The problem i am having is i have never uses Bushido or
necro before or ever had a sampire what spells should i be using of focusing on I took my new toon out for a test spin and did ok on PVM but got owned on PVP kind knew that would happen first time also what kind a weapon should i use. Right now
i have a two katana i am using one i made and imbued and a old school dbl exceptional i imbued and enhanced 
1st weapon i put                               2nd weapon
Hit Lightning 50%                              Hit Mana Leach  28%     
Hit lower attack 50%                         Hit Life Leach 43%     
Hit Lower defense 48%                       Hit chance increase 8%       
Damage increase 40%                        Swing speed increase 30%         
                                                     Damage increase  70% (i put 50%on their but it already had 20% so it stacked)

The armor i have is a relay good suit
62 W/ VI activated

DI 85%                       LRC 100%
DCI 23%                     SDI 3%   
SSI 10%                     FCR 3
HCI 33%                     FC 2 
LMC 26%                    EP 25%
Well any info you guys can give me on what you c that can be improved or what i should be doing that i am not
would be greatly appreciated

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:21:36 PM by BeaverBob »

Scrripty

Re: Sampire what now
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
Stamina leech is your friend.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
Your going to need to provide a little more info if you want solid feedback.

What armor pieces are you wearing?

Things that stand out from from what you've posted:

100 LRC
FCR 3
FC 2

You really don't need any of those 3 above to be a worldbeater.

DCI is low
LMC is low
Fire Resist is low

Post up your suit piece by piece if you want a real critique. ;)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Did you contemplate a template (hehe that's punny) that has resist? I found that when doing Semidar spawns, I got wrecked without resist, I lowered my bush/parry/spsp and added in Resist and I love it!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »
I would drop your SS for resist in a heartbeat, SS is only usefull for extending the amount of time that your curse weapon lasts.  2/3 100 lrc is crazy useless, carry a boomstick or a spell book with lrc and some regs if needed.  I would also agree that you should be looking to max HCI and DCI.  Remake your weapons to exclude life leech for stam.  Get resist(I know I mentioned it already).  LMC is only needed if you build your temp around AI's, IMO, so I would wait for that last.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »
I would drop your SS for resist in a heartbeat, SS is only usefull for extending the amount of time that your curse weapon lasts.  

I'd never drop Spirit Speak on my sampire template. I'll stone off/on Parry, Anatomy and Resisting spells but no way I'd take off Spirit Speak. There's have been many times where I thought for sure I was going to take a dirt nap and Curse Weapon carried me through. It's an ace in the hole.

Sure it's nice having Magic Resistance doing some spawns but it's not mandatory. I've done all of the Felucca spawns without Magic Resist. Some spawns having Magic Resist provides very little benefit at all: Glade, Labyrinth and Bedlam.

Don't get me wrong I can definitely tell when I have Magic Resistance on and when I don't but if you know what your doing you can live without. I'll stone on Magic Resistance for Mephistus & Semindar but I've done them both without. Rikktor I'll go with parry. Neira & Barracoon I throw on Archery. Bedlam & Glade...Anatomy.

I wouldn't alter that template too much other than soul-stoning off Parry in place of Magic Resist or Anatomy on an as needed basis.

I use almost identical template but I run with 120 Tactics, 50 Chivalry, and 80 Spirit Speak.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:54:48 PM by Ultima »

Offline BeaverBobTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »
i put life lech instead of stamina leach on weapon just because their was no reason relay
i went with SS instead of resist just so i had a way to heal other that chiv since my chiv is only 70%
the FCR 3 and FC2 is from orny and the 100%lrc is so i can cast VE and other necro spells (would it be better just to have a few regs for that or carry a set of insured 100% lrc armor in case i die so i have a way to cast VE again)

for my suit i have

Conjurer's trinket  strength bonus 1
                         Hit point Regen 2
                         HCI 10%
                         DI 20%

crimson cincture   Dex Bonus 5
                         Hit point increases 10
                         Hit point Regen 2

Quiver of infinity   DCI 5%

cloak of death      HCI 3%
                         DCI 3%
                         SDI 3%

Mythical detective of the royal detective boots   Intel Bonus 4

Animated legs of the insane tinker   Stamina Regen 2
                                                SSI 10%
                                                DI 10%

Gladiator's collar   HPI 10
                        HCI 10                      

light of the way reading glasses  strength bonus 7
                                             intel bonus 5
                                             DCI 30

ornament of the magician    FCR 3
                                      FC 2
                                      LMC 10%
                                      LRC 20%
now with just these on i am
now i know that seems low but for the arms gloves and chest i still have 3 val hammer left so it is easy to make the resist up if i have to make more

Ring is  EP 25%
          HCI 10%
          DCI 15%
          LRC 20%
          DI 25%

on the arms chest gloves and ring i have the other 80% lrc which took 2 val hammers to get but if i don't need the lrc i have some fantastic armor             to replace them and the ring i will have 100 points for imbuing if i make a new one

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
I run:
120 Bushido
65 Chiv(5 extra on jewels)
100 Necro
75 Parry
110 Resist
10 SS(26 extra on jewels)
120 Swords
120 Tactics

Personally I think that the weapons are just, if not more, important than the temp.  Burn dull hammers till you have a nice set of 80% or better fire/cold damage for specific spawns.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:41 AM »
I can't comment on a PvM/PVP Hybrid. Any advice I give will be striclty PvM oriented...

Mace & Shield Glasses are the way to go. Nothing remotely comes close to competing with it...especially the faction with the 10DI. Light of the way are cool glasses with their 30 DI but lack in other properties.

For my money I like heartwood woodland armor + Faction Artifacts.

You have some good workable pieces in your suit.

That ornament of the magician really has no place on a sampire PvM suit. It's doing you more harm than good.

Be careful with the Conjurer's Trinket when fighting repond because of the opposite slayer. I use the Faction Primer of Arms unless I'm fighting Undead.

Maybe Ranger's Cloak over Quiver of Infinity if you can afford it.

Chest I like RBC, BHB, or Heartwood woodland Chest. My latest suit I went with a Heartwood Woodland Chest.

Legs Faction Fey Leggings or heartwood woodland leggings.

You'll find tune things as you go along to find out what you like and what suits you.

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »
Dont forget if you're pvping with the undead tali on and a mage gets in orc form... he'll tear you up.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 05:35:19 AM »
Dont forget if you're pvping with the undead tali on and a mage gets in orc form... he'll tear you up.

how about stone form or the spellweaving form?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 05:39:17 AM »

?que? Twinkle McNugget is talking about opposite slayer groups doing additional (2x?) damage.

Wear an Undead talisman and do a rat spawn ;) , those mages will tear you up. Take off the talisman, notice how much easier it just got. Undead <> Repond opposing slayer groups.

Morph into an orc, cast a few Ebolts at someone with an Undead talisman on... laugh as 3 EB's kills them.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:21 AM »

?que? Twinkle McNugget is talking about opposite slayer groups doing additional (2x?) damage.

Wear an Undead talisman and do a rat spawn ;) , those mages will tear you up. Take off the talisman, notice how much easier it just got. Undead <> Repond opposing slayer groups.

Morph into an orc, cast a few Ebolts at someone with an Undead talisman on... laugh as 3 EB's kills them.

Yes - I understand - my question was do other forms work the same way?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:24 AM »

I LOVE it when people do that. Same thing as Staff of Embers - just making it easier for me :D

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
Yes - I understand - my question was do other forms work the same way?

What is Stone Form's opposing slayer group? Whats the opposing slayer for a Reaper?

I thinks it don't work for them.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: