Author Topic: pvp poisoning mage question  (Read 4581 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
pvp poisoning mage question
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:00:43 AM »
Quick question. Can i use the poisoning special on a mage with a -mage wep kryss or do i actually need the wep skill? Thanks!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: pvp poisoning mage question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:12:32 AM »
Don't all specials require Tactics?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:48:55 AM »
Poisoning does not require tactics I believe, I think it is one of the only specials which is based upon the skill and not tactics.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
I have a guy with poison and  fencing skill (replaces tactics only on poisoning specials) also ninja replaces tactics for stealth weapon specials.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
I'd like to add that the toggle of a special clears off any spells and casting would clear off your toggled special so you might find that the true effectiveness of this might be limited unless your going to keep the poison up with the hope of landing a hit.  If was a mage I'd attempt to keep a distance from a dexxer, but I'm a crap mage so what do I know.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Yeah i knew i didn't have to have tactics but i'm wondering if i actually need fencing or if i can use a -20mage wep and still do the poisoning spec.

If i actually need the fencing skill well then that just messes my whole template idea up.

I'd like to add that the toggle of a special clears off any spells and casting would clear off your toggled special so you might find that the true effectiveness of this might be limited unless your going to keep the poison up with the hope of landing a hit.  If was a mage I'd attempt to keep a distance from a dexxer, but I'm a crap mage so what do I know.

It's ALL in the timing! But a lot of people try to be dexxers with tact mages when they should be using it to compliment a good mage combo just like a fine wine with dinner.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
I would be shocked if you could do it without a weapon skill but nothing in this game would surprise me.  I believe that for other tactic releated specials you need to have a certain level of weapon skill also.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
I finally got a chance to get on test. I confirmed you do need wepon skill for poisoning. That just ruins my whole plans of world domination.  :'(

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
And the real bad part about the specials - is that jewels do not count.

Tags: