Author Topic: LV Vendor Stocker  (Read 4992 times)

Offline LVTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LV has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
LV Vendor Stocker
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
New version Nov 14th to 0.99e with fixes and updates.

I have updated LV Vendor Stocker to the latest version (0.99e).  The file format has been compatible since it was first posted so there are no issues upgrading.  Make sure to grab the ReadWriteandUpdatedBMEval.zip, as it contains external files that are needed as well.  They belong in the same directory as the script.

Below is a fairly comprehensive list of its features.  I hope some people can test it, use it, and report back how they find it.  Thanks for giving it a try!

;   Stocks any item, does a full check of properties before stocking, and verifies it was stocked.
;   Has an 'Evaluate Only' mode that allows you to see the exact number of each item you need
;     in order to fully replenish your vendors.
;   It makes stacks of any quantity, so you can stock 10 stacks of 7 scrolls each for example.
;   It wont 'stock over' your currently placed items.  It will actually only replace the items bought.
;     For example, say you had a row of 10 stacks of 10 gate scrolls and sombody bought the third and
;     fifth stack of gate scrolls.  The script checks not just the quantity to stock, but the location
;     of where the existing stock is, and will replace the third and fifth location with new stock.  (This
;     is my favorite feature.)
;   It can stack all in same place in a bag, or make horizontal and vertical rows with flexible
;     spacing on each axis.
;   It handles as many vendors as you want, even different settings for the same vendors with the
;     items on each other being the same or different.
;   It will handle sub-packs on vendors up to 3 deep.  If you use 3 or more, you don't need this
;     program as you wont be running a vendor very long.
;   It fully handles an odd issue like dull copper VS just copper. This can create a problems when an items
;    full properties are a subset of a different items properties and have the same type id.  This is NOT
;    an issue here.
;   It WILL handle items to stock in containers (like a bag of armor) one of two ways.
;     1.  An item type for each container holding items.  I.E. "a bag" would be used for LRC Suits, and
;         "a small wooden box" could be used for LMC Suits.  This is the default - not all items have color.
;     2.  If you create/edit an item that does have a color property, there is an option to use it.
;         If you and set the "use color compare" option, it will then
;         use the color of the container or item as a comparator.  I.E. all "a bag" colored pink would then
;         be seen as a type and all "a bag" colored blue would be seen as a different item.
;     This IS an optional setting, and I suggest if your stocking items in container for sale as a whole,
;     that you use it for ALL containers.  Using it for some and not others can lead to an unpredictable
;     result.  For example, say you use "a bag" without the option set for LMC suits, and "a bag" with
;     color option set on green.  If you then hit stock, two things might happen.  If you added the green
;     bag first, it would run fine, but if you added it second, it will go to stock the plain "a bag"
;     and it will not care if its green or not and will stock the green bag as a plain bag.
;     I am not sure I explained that well, but the point is...IF your selling items in containers like
;     bags of armor, USE THE COLOR COMPARE OPTION ON EVERY BAGGED ITEM YOU ARE STOCKING.
;   It will stock items using BadManiac's BMEvalItem script.  I have added it to the needed files zip
;   as there was a bug that was never fixed in the posted one. There is a variable that is never reset
;   which the forum talks about.  In my version that is fixed.  I wish it was being maintained, it needs
;   updating badly and its a great script.
;   Portable between computers.  It does use the registry, but only to transfer data to files.  You
;     can move the data files or easily back them up.

Enjoy!

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
LVVendorStocker0.99e.txt
ReadWriteandUpdatedBMEval.zip
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:13:10 PM by LV »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: LV Vendor Stocker
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
Wow, that's some great looking code!  I can tell you've been using ScriptUO to develop it just because of the formatting.  ;)  Thanks for the contribution!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline LVTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LV has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »
Thanks TM, and yeah, its even in my credits I wouldn't be scripting without suo :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:49:10 AM »
This looks to be a  well written script can we get some beta testers to give it a whirl and report back their findings.   cheers :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: Vendor Tools