Casa de TrailMyx > Programming / Operating Systems

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 8 yet?

(1/11) > >>

TrailMyx:
I tried out the free trial and just hated it.  It was way too much of a radical change that seemed to be more clunky.  Kinda reminded me of the decision of the Linux release of Gnome 3. 

So anyone actually using this on their main desktop/laptop instead of a tablet?

For me, if they don't officially release a Win7 compatibility mode, I simply will ride the Win7 horse until it drops dead.

What the heck is going on with these companies that seem to know better how we should use our computers?  It's a little bit too big brother for me.

At least with Linux, I could fall back on XFCE.  Wow, Windows 8 sucks!

manwinc:
Yeah, too big of a change in the windows line. Wtf is my start bar....... I have it on my new desktop, but I'm just tolerating it for now.

bendel:
They tried to make an beautiful "User friendly" interface for social network...  Who is interested in a DOS box yet? ITS UGLY !

Crome969:
I installed it on a Virtual Maschine to test compatibility of our Company Software.
As long as its possible i will skip Windows 8 personaly;)

Endless Night:
Im still on XP .. and it took a crowbar to get me off win2000....  I will use it when i have to .. more than likely I'll just switch to whatever version of linex is current when im finially forced off xp.

IMHO each successive version is more bloated than the last, thiers only significant benifit increases every few versions....  new win OS = new cutting edge computer to run it, to get about the same speed you had on your 5year old box on the old os.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version