Casa de TrailMyx > Programming / Operating Systems

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 8 yet?

<< < (10/11) > >>

gimlet:
I put back on windows 7 on all my machines

TrailMyx:
Man I need to do that too!   Win 8.1 pro still requires you to spend another $10 to enable Media Center.   What a horrible experience.  I can't wait to review it on Amazon..

Boydon:
Windows 9 is rumored to be announced by the end of September: maybe it will be better...

gimlet:

--- Quote from: Boydon on September 01, 2014, 04:26:11 AM ---Windows 9 is rumored to be announced by the end of September: maybe it will be better...

--- End quote ---
The "odd" versions have always been much better historically than the even!

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Boydon on September 01, 2014, 04:26:11 AM ---Windows 9 is rumored to be announced by the end of September: maybe it will be better...

--- End quote ---

Like Gimlet said, there is hope that the upcoming version will be better.  Honestly, it's like they have 2 different dev teams.  The first one designs the sucky versions.  They must take those devs and lock them up in the Microsoft Evil Tower for "re-programming" and hand-off the disaster to the second team who must clean it up.  Win8 and the usability "bumper sticker" for 8.1 are just horrible.  Man, I can't understand how this POS got through their focus groups.  Technically it seems to be OK and works pretty well, but my goodness what a stinky pile of crap from the usability end of things.

BTW:

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=Bt2Y970cE__

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version